Camera with but not Gimbal

Reaction score
Hi Everybody, I hope someone can help me. I explain my problem:

Resume is: I can see video on Phone, but can not control gimbal.

Description: Normally when i turn on my bird, this make sometihing liker a DO-RE-MI sound ,and after that gimbal Bootup and move lick circles. After that sound a little TIC 2 times and controller change to green light showing is online.

Some Information:
A.- Just like 1 months ago when i turn on, gimbal dont move sometimes, but i off and on again and do it ok.
B.- After a Crash i just get DO-RE-MI and the rest explain before no happen.
C.- DJI GO APP say gimbal normal.
D.- I disconnect plane cable from camera board to camera and motors, but is the same.

Obviously something is wrong, but i want know what i must buy. Im not sure if is camera or Bird. And into camera if is board or motors . I think could be board...

A Fast Question: ¿ Where born Gimbal bootup instructions? In Bird or in Camera?

There is a way to check board and know if can be repaired?
Best Regards 4 all!!
Jose

Last edited:
Check the flexible ribbon cable on the gimbal / camera and make sure it didn't move out of position. (sometimes comes un-glued). If the camera is getting stuck on the ribbon, it won't move.

Thanks Great Lakes, i find in phantompilots another threath about that was repaired changing ribbon... and sound very goods!!, but a question before... i forget tell us what options for camera are disabled on my cell phone, can not change from photo to video, or format sd , nothing about camera, just video. Then.. if ribbon cable is bad can give me that errors too? cause are like board or comunication errors and no ribbon errors... Thanks for your help!!

Yes, The ribbon can cause many issues like you describe. Especially if you had a crash!

Remember, if you are going to replace the ribbon, be sure to buy a genuine ribbon from DJI. That is very important. You can find many less expensive ribbons online, but most of them do not work!! Trust me on this!

Use care when installing the new ribbon. It is simple to do, but not easy. be sure to press the sticky part of the ribbon in the correct places so it will not hit the camera! Use something soft to press the sticky parts down, like a Q-tip. Be careful to not damage the ribbon when installing it.

Yes!! It's is original, the only one problem is cost for send to my country is US$89 more product.... i think its a little expensive just to make a test.
Maybe some one crash and have this cable for sale???
Anyway my sincerily thanks for help!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga