Camera tilt - SOLVED

I now have a tilt but I think its more related to the vertical arm being slightly out of true vertical. How did you bend your arm back into position? Will also try the mentioned method and see what happens.

I sent DJI an email on Friday. I got an answer today!

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for a quick answer!
I will test this and if it does not work I will send it to Pitchup in Göteborg Sweden.
Hopefully they can fix the problem.
I notis that there is a problem with the very this axel holding the Gimble att the horisontal connection.
I also notis that this is something that is being discussed on different forums around the world for example Phantompilots.com!
A little bad advertisement for DJI. The rest of the Phantom is excellent.

Best regards

Gunnar

Från: Daniel Huang (DJI) [mailto:[email protected]]
Skickat: den 21 juli 2014 11:53
Till: Gunnar Bulukin
Ämne: [DJI] ??: Support question

##- Please type your reply above this line -##
您的请求(16358)已解决。要重新开启此请求,请回复此电邮。

Daniel Huang (DJI)
Jul 21 17:53
Dear Sir,
Does your gimbal stay level when power on your phantom?
Please try to calibrate the phantom advanced IMU, then upgrade the firmware to gimbal and see if it works.
If the problem still duplicate itself, then maybe something mechanical is damaged and you need to send in for service.
Please contact your dealer as a first option for any repair issue.
If DJI.com is your dealer, please kindly contact either one of the support center that nearest to you:
http://www.dji.com/support
In case China is the nearest, you might just directly courier it with a note describing your problem clearly as well as your contact information
to the following address:
DJI Innovations
Unit 1006-7, C-Bons International Center,
108 Wai Yip Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon,
Hong Kong
00852-24873091
(P.S. IRENE IS For postal info. ONLY, any questions please feel free to communicate with me)
It might take a couple of weeks to fix allowing for the transportation time and customs clearance as well as local weather conditions.
Please make sure you understand our return policy,
For more after-sale service info, please refer to : http://www.dji.com/service
Please feel free to contact for any further information.
Thanks & Best Regards.

Two weeks ago I bought a fantastic unit, a Phantom Vision Plus.
I am amazed of how extremely well it works.
Congratulations to a hit!
Here in Sweden they are selling all that that can get from you :-D
I made a hard landing the other day and after that I have two problems.
1. The horizon is not in line.
2. There is a bit of shaking in the video.
I have advanced calibrated the unit with no result.
Is there a way to fix this without having to send the camera to you?

Ok, so who is going to give this guy a medal.

After getting a nasty tilt i was just merely disappointed. A few days later my tilt turned into, what I called, "the Jerk-of-DEATH." Or at least so I thought. I tore my PV2+ apart and checked everything. Calibrated and advanced calibrated about 100 times and still nothing. I took the gimbal housings apart and checked all connections. No help. Then, today, this thread. I took the back of the horizontal motor cover off. Spun the D-shaped rod once and after some checking, noticed that the flat end needs to be at the top and level with the top of the camera. Once those two were lined up I put it back together and DONE. After a week of not flying I am back with no issues. I have been lurking here for a few months now but this was worth making an account for. THANKS.

It appears I am also plagued by the tilt. It became apparent when I removed fisheye effect from an image.
The horizon was sloped. My copter never crashed. Im thinking about applying the fix after some thorough reading.

Attachments

• tilt3resize.jpg
    tilt3resize.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 671
  • tilt1resize.jpg
    tilt1resize.jpg
    307.9 KB · Views: 692
Thank you to the OP for this fix. Certainly seemed to work for me. As far as the problem recurring though, I believe it has to do with the gimbal clamp. If I apply the clamp, the problem comes back. Leave it off, however, and the camera horizon stays straight. I built a custom pelican case for my phantom which protects the gimbal during transport. I'd be interested if others have made the same observation.

The clamp should not do it UNLESS you turn the bird on with the clamp in place (such as doing a firmware upgrade) then the gimbal will fight against the clamp (and you can hear it). The normal function of the camera/gimbal when the bird is off is total free range movement, so just sliding on the clamp (done correctly) i do not think would be what is causing a tilt in itself.

Just wanted to say the info on this thread really worked for me. I came by the info from other sources but the wicking Loctite 290 was the real ticket. I put together a little video a while back that might help.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFxM8OOWRQc[/youtube]

http://youtu.be/SFxM8OOWRQc

Nice work on the video and glad the 290 worked for you.

Hi guys

rehashing an old post. Can you confirm that loctite 290 holds the camera into place after a while? I haven't been able to find it yet where I live so I wanted to confirm that this is a permanent solution.

Thanks a lot

It works perfectly for me! This is the result after 10 flights with Loctite. The camera was 8 deg of horizon :D

Mine is still holding strong after a couple dozen flights and after using the penetrating grade.

Hello,
I've read through this entire thread and kudos to the folks that have put up this information. I seem to be having a slightly different gimbal issue that I haven't found anyone else having. My unit is almost new (no wrecks/hard landings). On my second flight I noticed my camera kind of rolls 3 or 4 degrees here and there with the turns like its in horrible wind.
At a stop the camera is level with the unit on but when you tilt is back and forth the gimbal has a slow reaction time (maybe half second behind) and generally rests at a 3 or 4 degree tilt. I'm about to contact a dealer (although I purchased new on Amazon). I did a "re-cal" IMU and no difference in performance. Does anyone else have this issue or thoughts? Being a car guy I'm trying not to put a little wd40 in there :)
PS my brother bought the same unit at the same time so I can tell easily there's a difference in our gimbal movement. Thanks in advance!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl