Camera switch

Reaction score
The first time I switched on the PV2 the camera was already switched to wifi on. Since then i have not moved the switch and I was wondering if anyone thinks there is a downside to leaving it on permanently ?

pault said:
The first time I switched on the PV2 the camera was already switched to wifi on. Since then i have not moved the switch and I was wondering if anyone thinks there is a downside to leaving it on permanently ?
As most PV'ers want to see live telemetry & video of where they're flying, we leave it in CAM + WiFi position. But if you turn off WiFi you also cut power consumption. We can preprogram taking stills for an extended period or press Record before flight to start recording video. And if we turn off CAM + WiFi and just fly for fun, we save even more power. How much? Don't know yet, and I'm surprised DJI never documented it unless the savings are minuscule. If you open Assistant you can monitor Vision's current consumption in those various modes and do the math. Something to do on a no-fly day I suppose.

iDrone :geek:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl