Cache Space Full

Reaction score
Hi all, Great site for helpful info/tips. Since the last update I have had a few issues ( like many others have )most have been fixed by reading replies to other peoples issues and the information given by the great knowledge pool here. One I haven't seen addressed yet ( so I'm thinking it might be a solo issue I'm having ) is I get a warning saying "Cache space full". Now I am assuming ( because I have never had it before last up date ) that it means my card is full? First time I got the warning I swapped out the SD card and as soon as I hit the record button with the new card i got the same warning. When I got home I loaded the card to an external drive and formatted the card, replaced it in the AC and on my next flight it had the same issue. I have tried different cards, formatted via the go app and the PC and still have the warning come up, all SD cards work and never had the warning before ( the forced ) update. The cards still record even though I get the warning so its not a big deal, just not a good feeling every time I hit record and see a warning sign, just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and knows a fix or I will have to wait till next update and hope it fixes it.
All cards worked before last update and still work now ( keeps recording even if Go app says full )
Both AC and RC are up to date with firmware
Calibrated compass and imu after update ( not that I think that would help just normal practice )
The AC is a P4,
Thanks.......

Hi all, Great site for helpful info/tips. Since the last update I have had a few issues ( like many others have )most have been fixed by reading replies to other peoples issues and the information given by the great knowledge pool here. One I haven't seen addressed yet ( so I'm thinking it might be a solo issue I'm having ) is I get a warning saying "Cache space full". Now I am assuming ( because I have never had it before last up date ) that it means my card is full? First time I got the warning I swapped out the SD card and as soon as I hit the record button with the new card i got the same warning. When I got home I loaded the card to an external drive and formatted the card, replaced it in the AC and on my next flight it had the same issue. I have tried different cards, formatted via the go app and the PC and still have the warning come up, all SD cards work and never had the warning before ( the forced ) update. The cards still record even though I get the warning so its not a big deal, just not a good feeling every time I hit record and see a warning sign, just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and knows a fix or I will have to wait till next update and hope it fixes it.
All cards worked before last update and still work now ( keeps recording even if Go app says full )
Both AC and RC are up to date with firmware
Calibrated compass and imu after update ( not that I think that would help just normal practice )
The AC is a P4,
Thanks.......

In the Go 4 App there is a on/off switch in the settings that says: "Clear Cache" when full. Basically, it clears the cache, "first in - first out." Sorry, I do not have the App in front of me to tell you exactly where in the settings it is. I think it is where you can "format" the SD card, but not sure right now.

As I read it, it should never alert you again if this is turned ON.

Stopped my notice from coming on any more.

Hope this helps!

edspilot

Thanks for the help/info turned on "clear cache when full" and it fixed the warnings. I've had that set before and never had issues until the last update. Guess it must of reset it with the update, anyway it's fixed now and thanks again for your help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart