Cable cam for P3

Reaction score
I'm very happy with the new features we just got for the P3 that makes it now a very serious flying camera! But as a spoilt child who has never enough toys to play with, I was wondering about that cable cam feature that would be another great improvement. Do you think it is something we could hope on the phantom , is there any app around to add to the system?

What is the difference between a cable cam function versus a route with just two way points?

Autoflight Autopilot dowes it. It's called Zip Line feature.

The difference between that and waypoints is that you can yaw or focus on a subject to the left or right or wherever while the aircraft flies from point A to point B. In waypoints the camera I believe always points at the next target point.

I'm very happy with the new features we just got for the P3 that makes it now a very serious flying camera! But as a spoilt child who has never enough toys to play with, I was wondering about that cable cam feature that would be another great improvement. Do you think it is something we could hope on the phantom , is there any app around to add to the system?
Try litchi. You click mission and fly to point a. Frame shot including camera tilt. Flight to point b and do the same. Then just hit play. If flIes a to b and interpolates the tilt, yaw, elevation as it goes. You can use the C1 or c2 buttons on controller set the points if you like.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Reactions: sergekouper
Try litchi. You click mission and fly to point a. Frame shot including camera tilt. Flight to point b and do the same. Then just hit play. If flIes a to b and interpolates the tilt, yaw, elevation as it goes. You can use the C1 or c2 buttons on controller set the points if you like.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk
Fantastic, Just what I'm after. And is litchi compatible with the new firmware? does it come as an extra feature on Go or is it a whole different app?

Serge, it is in final release. Runs on DJI latest firmware and the base Litchi app currently includes all features. So will do Follow me, orbit and GS (Missions) for the base price.

So you are good to go.

Serge, it is in final release. Runs on DJI latest firmware and the base Litchi app currently includes all features. So will do Follow me, orbit and GS (Missions) for the base price.

So you are good to go.
Great. Thanks for that.

Autoflight Autopilot dowes it. It's called Zip Line feature.

The difference between that and waypoints is that you can yaw or focus on a subject to the left or right or wherever while the aircraft flies from point A to point B. In waypoints the camera I believe always points at the next target point.
Agreed. I had my first go of the autopilot app yesterday and loved it. For zip line I set point A around 20m above the takeoff position and then point B was set 100m away and 80m high. I was able to set the camera focus point on an old fort and press go, letting the app yaw the bird while it kept the camera pointing at the focus point. Great feature and will definitely help to get great shots.

Serge, thing to keep in mind is the apps are for two different OS. I just noticed your signature. If you are Apple then you are not going to be able to run Litchi

Litchi is Android Only and AutoPilot is iOS only as far as I know.

Serge, thing to keep in mind is the apps are for two different OS. I just noticed your signature. If you are Apple then you are not going to be able to run Litchi

Litchi is Android Only and AutoPilot is iOS only as far as I know.
Thank you rrmccabe, yes I am iOS, I've to go for Autopilot then... ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl