BYE BYE DJI

Well, DJI have a no fly zone now that prevents me from flying on my own land as a football stadium that plays one game every 3 weeks is over 2 miles away.
My friend is also in the same boat as he has a rugby club that closed down las year 1 mile from him and he can not fly in his own field.

They are not having my credit card details to get stolen by hacking or an image of my driving license.
They have simply gone to far this time and it is bye bye DJI, the order for the P4 pro is canceled and the p3 pro is for sale.

It was good whilst it lasted.
Autel X star premium here I come.
Mark I suggest you buy a P3A that has not been updated firmware wise. No gps controls initiated, there are a lot of guys who have decided not to do updates for that exact reason. No update, no geofencing. Fly where you chose

They have gone way over the top.
Where does it stop, send your credit card numbers, driving license and signature over a server that a 10 year old could hack to be stored in a country with no data protection laws ?
Just so you can fly where you have flown for years without any issues ?
Then we have the mandatory installation firmware that alters a product you paid for ?
Ransom ware .
Add in this creation of temporary no fly zones by authority and you have a Orwellian nightmare in the making.

Airports were fine and a good idea but sports arenas that are rarely open taking out 3 miles of flying space, sorry, they have gone way too far here and are stepping way outside their bounds.

It's all up for sale and I will buy a drone that trust adults to be adults
sorry for your conditions....i've never shone any id to buy my p3 pro, just ordered from them and got it 3 days later. maybe just get in the car and fly somewhere with wide open spaces..just trying to help my friend....good luck..peace

This is the so confusing. Perhaps the writer does not speak English as their first language but I can't understand.

By reading the thread, I guess I get it. So...

TFRs (Temporary Flight Restrictions) are automatic for some locations such as certain sporting events:

Stadiums
FDC 9/5151, issued under 14 CFR 99.7 on "Special Security Instructions," restricts flight over stadiums during major league baseball, National Football League, NCAA, and motor speedway events. The so-called “stadium TFR” prohibits
stadium.jpg
all aircraft and parachute operations at or below 3,000 AGL within a 3 nm radius of any stadium with a seating capacity of 30,000 or more people when there is a major league baseball game, NFL game, NCAA division one football game, or major motor speedway event occurring. This TFR applies to the entire US domestic national airspace system, and takes effect from one hour before the scheduled event time until one hour after the event concludes.

So a football stadium with a spectator count of 30,000 or more within 3 miles would have an automatic TRF. I am guessing that DJI flags anyplace that is "possibly" capable of having a TFR.

When I fly I get warnings but I am able to override them. Curious!

As I see it, there is a 2 mile difference between the NDZ and the TFR. The NDZ and TFR effects ALL FLiGHTS within the distances describe. This a temporary restriction. What's the big deal....... Note: I'm an ATP certified pilot with a 333 Exemption and I'm more concerned about a sUAV violation that could lead to a FAA investigation on my ATP than I am a NDZ. Um just sayin..........

SUPER BOWL XLIX FLIGHT ADVISORY (dtd 2 January 2017)

At the request of the Department of Homeland Security, the FAA will establish airspace restrictions over Super Bowl XLIX, to be played February 1, 2015, at the University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, AZ.
The following restrictions will apply from 1525 local to 2359 local on February 1, 2015:

10 NMR Inner ring restrictions: All aircraft flight operations are prohibited from the surface up to but not including 18000 FT MSL within a 10NMR of 333139N/1121545W or the Phoenix (PXR) VORTAC 279 degree radial at 15.7NM except as specified below:
1. Approved Law Enforcement approved Military aircraft directly supporting the Super Bowl and approved Air Ambulance flights, squawking an assigned discrete beacon code, are permitted within the inner ring as coordinated.
2. Regularly scheduled commercial passenger and all-cargo carriers operating under one of the following TSA-approved Standard Security Programs/Procedures: Aircraft Operator Standard Security Program (AOSSP), Full-All Cargo Aircraft Operator Standard Security Program (FACAOSSP), Model Security Program (MSP), Twelve Five Standard Security Program (TFSSP) All Cargo, or All-Cargo International Security Procedure (ACISP) and are arriving into and/or departing from 14 CFR Part 139 airports.
3. All emergency/life saving flights (Medical/law enforcement/firefighting) operations must coordinate with Phoenix TRACON, prior to their departure at 603-306-2579 to avoid potential delays.

10 NMR to 30 NMR Outer ring restrictions: All aircraft flight operations are prohibited from the surface up to, but not including, 18000 FT MSL between the 10 NM ring and the 30 NMR of 333139N/1121545W or the Phoenix (PXR) VORTAC 279 degree radial at 15.7NM, except as specified below:
1. Aircraft arriving or departing local airports. Aircraft may not loiter. All aircraft entering or exiting the TFR must be on an active IFR or VFR flight plan and must be assigned a discrete beacon code by an Air Traffic Control (ATC) facility and be squawking that code prior to departing within or entering the TFR.
2. All aircraft entering or exiting the TFR must remain in two-way radio communication with ATC.

Reactions: N017RW
Well, DJI have a no fly zone now that prevents me from flying on my own land as a football stadium that plays one game every 3 weeks is over 2 miles away.
My friend is also in the same boat as he has a rugby club that closed down las year 1 mile from him and he can not fly in his own field.

They are not having my credit card details to get stolen by hacking or an image of my driving license.
They have simply gone to far this time and it is bye bye DJI, the order for the P4 pro is canceled and the p3 pro is for sale.

You don't have to do this (it has happened to me). I live near a large regional airport, and am in the "yellow zone" . I can unlock the yellow zone, and won't get warnings for the two green zones.

You log into DJI and go to. "Advance unlocking". You find your area on your map, click it, put your aircraft s/n in it, and submit. You get unlocked in less than a second.

the only reason they want your credit card is to make sure of who you are.

Attachments

• AdvUnl.JPG
    AdvUnl.JPG
    185.4 KB · Views: 236
I live in Chicago a mile from white Sox stadium aka what ever its now called. It always has a red nfz around all year long same with soldier field and Wrigley if I give them my info i can fly there then??? And would it be unlock all the time or would I have to unlock it each time I fly there

Sent from my 831C using PhantomPilots mobile app

You know you can override those restrictions in the software...

In the No Fly App put out by the FAA it shows a Heliport within 5 miles of my house. This helliport is no longer there, it was a small ER they lots of those in Texas but the entire building is gone. I drove the location and asked a local Police Officer ( who I trained to fly his P4 ) about it and he said it's been gone for 2 years yet it still shows in the before you fly App... Hopefully they will get a team to start cleaning up some of that stuff and really keeping the maps updated.

In the No Fly App put out by the FAA it shows a Heliport within 5 miles of my house. This helliport is no longer there, it was a small ER they lots of those in Texas but the entire building is gone. I drove the location and asked a local Police Officer ( who I trained to fly his P4 ) about it and he said it's been gone for 2 years yet it still shows in the before you fly App... Hopefully they will get a team to start cleaning up some of that stuff and really keeping the maps updated.
Have you reported the discrepancy to the FAA? That's the fastest way these things get cleaned up.

That's why I only invested in a drone because I live in China. No NFZ- no worries. I walk 20 feet out my front door and fly.

The USA is not a place to enjoy a hobby such as this.

That's why I only invested in a drone because I live in China. No NFZ- no worries. I walk 20 feet out my front door and fly.

Really? I don't agree, there are tons of places to fly. I don't think that prohibiting flight in certain areas is a bad thing.

OP - if the Autel suites you wait a few days. The new Xstar Premium looks to be amazing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Really? I don't agree, there are tons of places to fly. I don't think that prohibiting flight in certain areas is a bad thing.

OP - if the Autel suites you wait a few days. The new Xstar Premium looks to be amazing.

And take advantage of their offer for $150 rebate/reimbursement for getting your Part 107 Certification.

New Autel has a the equivalent of a P4p camera, retractable landing gear and a 360 gimbal.

I Totally disagree with you on that .

The very first NFZ was Tiananmen Square.

Reactions: dirkclod and m0j0

That blows.

I'll be curious to hear how the Autel compares

it really depends on where you are.

The majority of the country won't be effected by most of their hard rules.

I cant tell you how many days I have spent out in the wilderness when I never even saw a person, let alone a stadium

Mojave-desert-03.jpg

I fly all the time and have only been restricted once. Soooooo... I moved a mile down the road and boom.. flying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart