BYE BYE DJI

That's why I only invested in a drone because I live in China. No NFZ- no worries. I walk 20 feet out my front door and fly.

The USA is not a place to enjoy a hobby such as this.

What? My state has over 100,000 square miles of places to fly, half of that is beautiful mountains. I can also fly 20 feet from my back door.

OP - if the Autel suits you wait a few days. The new Xstar Premium looks to be amazing.
New Autel has a the equivalent of a P4p camera, retractable landing gear and a 360 gimbal.
I can't find any mention of retractable landing gear and a 360 gimbal in any of the publicity and discussion about Autel's machine.
Autel Robotics Announces New Camera Modules for X-Star Series Drones at CES 2017 | Autel Robotics
They do say The 1-inch sensor camera module is set to launch in the second quarter of 2017 so it's a way off yet.

Whether it is a good match for the P4pro remains to be seen.
All we know is that they are planning a 1 inch sensor and they show an image of the camera with markings suggesting the lens has a 66° FOV (35 mm equivalent approx 35mm focal length) which would make it a much less wide angle than we are used to on drones.
There is no indication of whether it has a controllable aperture or not but one would hope so as the max aperture is indicated at f1.8.

I can't find any mention of retractable landing gear and a 360 gimbal in any of the publicity and discussion about Autel's
There is no indication of whether it has a controllable aperture or not but one would hope so as the max aperture is indicated at f1.8.

Watch the video

New Cams - FLIR option
Retractable landing gear
360 gimbal
20mp cam

Watch the video
I finally found what you are talking about.
They show a camera with markings suggesting it will have a controllable aperture (but 66° FOV)
In the video you pointed to it is 97° so it looks like they may just have mock-ups so far?
Take note of what the Autel rep says at 2:15

I finally found what you are talking about.
They show a camera with markings suggesting it will have a controllable aperture (but 66° FOV)
In the video you pointed to it is 97° so it looks like they may just have mock-ups so far?
Take note of what the Autel rep says at 2:15
Saw that.. If they put a 20mp cam, 360 gimbal and retractable gear. Holy smokes pretty awesome

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga