Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Buy from DJI, ship to Canada

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by alirz, Oct 26, 2015.

1. alirz

Just wondering if anyone bought from DJI and had it shipped to Canada? DO they ship from a Canadian warehouse or something? Wondering if i would have to pay tax, duties etc?
    Tried to chat with their pre sales, but no response.

Thanks

2. III% Streve

They ship from China. For my US orders, there was no customs interaction at all, and there cant be any tax. But Canada... good luck! I'de be tempted to ship it to a friend in the US and drive to pick it up.

3. alirz

Thanks. A user on the DJI forums confirmed that he's in Canada. He bought from DJI, it did come from China, using DHL Air express. There were no additional taxes, duties.

4. JdotB

That was my experience. I got my P3A back in the spring and there were absolutely no extra charges. Just the friggin' exchange rate.

5. maher

If you're in Canada, I highly recommand buying from FlyingCamera.com. Excellent services.

Maher

Man And Drone likes this.
  6. rnst2

multirotorheli.ca
    dji authorised dealer.
    got mine there.
    i work in hospital.

7. John MacNeill

Give AERIALTECH a call. They are in Alberta and there is no real difference. The price is fixed by DJI. (403)330-6786. Talk to Layne.

8. Phantazmk

I bought my phantom three pro direct from DJI, they ship it from Hong Kong direct to Canada. The price on the web is obviously US dollars so what you actually pays for is converted to Canadian dollars.... that's it nothing else, no tax, no duty no shipping the price on the web converted to Canadian dollars is what you pay.

I might also add, I purchased the everything you need kit which included the P3 pro, hard shell case, plus all the accessories, four batteries prop guards, battery charging him b and extra props. I also added the HDMI module so I could hook up my head play FPV goggles The price was $2138 US. But when you converted to Canadian dollars it's about $2600 depending on the exchange rate. If you try to cobble that package together in Canada with tax and shipping it comes to close to $3500 so for me it was cheaper to buy direct from DJI in Hong Kong
    I ordered on a Sunday night which is Monday morning in Hong Kong time and it arrived at my door Friday afternoon at 2 o'clock... great service fast turnaround no problem.

9. FatTwoTonTony

I had a battery shipped from DJI to my home in Newfoundland! Had no issue with duties or anything else was all good

10. zinuhe

Even in Quebec? Not tax not duties?

11. zinuhe

Do you know if the same applies to Quebec, no taxes no duties?

12. alirz

I actually just purchased a P3P from a Canadian seller on amazon.ca. Paid only the price of the phantom which is $1699. no tax, no shipping. I'm in QC

Moreover he just got a new shipment from DJI and it has the updated models with the new shell and new motors (motors were update somewhere in Aug-Sep timeframe by DJI i believe)

13. Geblo

I bought direct from DJI and had it shipped to Canada. It all went very well as they pay all the taxes, so what you pay is what you get (as it should be). However, when you need service you will need to ship to the USA for repair on your own dime.

14. Sabino Diaz

Aerial tech 100% recommended, got it in 3 days!

15. alirz

Yup that's the one I got it from.

16. Rod Carnochan77

My P3 shipped from China to Vancouver BC Canada- no duties or fees whatsoever !

17. John MacNeill

I got mine from AetialTech, Alberta Canada. $2332 taxes in extra battery, extra props and a carrying case. Got it in three days. Free shipping.

18. zinuhe

Does anyone know how works warranty with Aerial Tech?

19. alirz

I believe the warranty is always with DJI. ArielTech did tell me that DJI services their units if theres a problem. Now i dont know, if you would have send the unit to Areiltech or to DJI directly.

20. zinuhe

Ok, thanks alirz. Are you in MTL ?