Bummed. New P3A Crashed. Pls Advise

Fortunately, I let the crash and its evidence point the conversation in a direction. Not my intentions. Yes, DJI has some issue. As does every company. But there is no other way to explain a prop coming off of a flying P3. Its not an attempt to make an owner feel bad, or misdirect fault. Its the facts speaking for themselves. A bad solder joint only causes a failure if it breaks contact. Its so insanely unlikely to magically RE-ATTACH its not even fathomable what the odds might be. If one of the 4 motors not failed to spin.. I might have taken that route in my deductions. But that isn't the case. The initial statement that there was no power to the props was an assumption developed out of observation of a lack of response and corresponding lack of a change in the crash pending. It was 300+ feet away. NOT close enough to see blades spinning and almost impossible to hear changes in props as well. The FACT is that power was present until impact with the ground. Obvious because there is data recorded all the way till that impact. Its also obvious a prop was not functioning, either because it was broke, missing, or the motor wasn't turning, because of the rapid changes in compass data during the decent. Changes that far exceed what can be manually applied. That also proved that poser was still being applied to the remaining motors. You can cry about fan-boys all day. But the facts are still going to be the facts! I have helped just as many people get their P3s replaced as I have said they are out of luck. This will very likely turn into an offer from DJI of a 30% discount on a replacement P3. Not because I said so, but because that's what happens most often. Again.. The facts speak for themselves.

The best thing we can hope for to stop this kind of crash is a ratcheting style lock on the hubs. It would totally eliminate this situation. But would cost far more than the current blades do. I dont see it happening. Mostly because it would require every P3 be retrofitted. So at best, it will be developed in to a future model. Until that time, stop crying! You sound ridiculous!!
Clearly I touched a nerve!. Too close to the truth i guess..

Yes, it doesn't take too much to set Streve off-- he loves to argue a point-- right or wrong:D:D

I have lost props and motors on quads while in flight....it usually tilts hard one way or the other while crashing. I think you said yours was in a flat spin. To me thats imu/ gps issues.

I'm LOL. I saved it as a PDF and it saved 5,929 pages. Earlier, I saved as a PDF but it saved it as a cvs.pdf file. If any of you would like to see the .DAT, start a new conversation with me and I can send it via email. I did this already with another person.
:D:D:D:D a few pages for sure---LOL

Two arms are fine. These are pics of the other two arms where damage is visible. The last pic looks like the worst damage.

View attachment 35617View attachment 35618View attachment 35619

Yes that shell is a gonner. I see you have the new motors - that's good. If Dji will not warranty it, you can replace the shell yourself. 3 hours plus another 2.5 hours for it being the first time. Follow the Youtube video as you work. Separating the shell is the hardest part, but you won't have that problem.
Straighten it enough that the props don't scrape the shell and see if it flies and the camera/gimbal work. Then have at it. You'll need torx and hex drives.
That's only if you can't warranty it.
Good luck! (for a change)

Yes that shell is a gonner. I see you have the new motors - that's good. If Dji will not warranty it, you can replace the shell yourself. 3 hours plus another 2.5 hours for it being the first time. Follow the Youtube video as you work. Separating the shell is the hardest part, but you won't have that problem.
Straighten it enough that the props don't scrape the shell and see if it flies and the camera/gimbal work. Then have at it. You'll need torx and hex drives.
That's only if you can't warranty it.
Good luck! (for a change)

Thx! So do I have to send it back to know if they'll warranty it? And if they won't, they'll just send it back to me as is?

As the prop that was missing earlier has no damages to threads, it means it got separated during flight. And that can happen if motor suddenly stops. If this is correct than its engine failure. Am I correct?

Yes.. you are potentially correct. But a motor isnt going to stop, and then mysteriously start working again.

The only thing you are touching is yourself! I couldnt care less what you think. It has no bearing on anything relevant here. You can keep jiggling your finger with pointless BS, or you can move on to some moron dumb enough to listen to you. You have a right to your opinion, but no one else cares about it!

The only thing you are touching is yourself! I couldnt care less what you think. It has no bearing on anything relevant here. You can keep jiggling your finger with pointless BS, or you can move on to some moron dumb enough to listen to you. You have a right to your opinion, but no one else cares about it!
"there you go again":D:D

Thx! So do I have to send it back to know if they'll warranty it? And if they won't, they'll just send it back to me as is?

I don't know what the warranty procedure is but, they probably won't commit without seeing it and the logs.
And speaking of logs, I have one question for you - and this might get you a warranty. In the record you shared with us, I noticed it was going in and out of ATTI mode (No GPS) right from the beginning. I think I'm right about that.
Outdoors, my P3 only loses GPS outdoors in an open area when I put my hand over the shell. You said you were in P mode and did not switch it. So what happened? Aren't there satellites in GA? (ha-ha)

Healthy Drones.JPG

Last edited:
Yes, it doesn't take too much to set Streve off-- he loves to argue a point-- right or wrong:D:D
The thing is that Im not wrong. I couldnt care less about some kids opinions. Plain and simple.I just sit back and laugh when people like this need kelp.

The thing is that Im not wrong. I couldnt care less about some kids opinions. Plain and simple.I just sit back and laugh when people like this need kelp.
You might try a little grace and courtesy -- instead of ridiculing -- goes much further in the long run-- some of us folks are just not as smart as you and we need all the help we can get. Cheers :)

Im all for helping. Its the children poking and prodding, attempting to side track a thread. They arent helping anything, just making fools of themselves. Im not here to hold peoples pacifiers! Im here to solve problems and get people in the air. Those than cant handle that can cry to the forum gods. Im not everyones GD mother!

Im all for helping. Its the children poking and prodding, attempting to side track a thread. They arent helping anything, just making fools of themselves. Im not here to hold peoples pacifiers! Im here to solve problems and get people in the air. Those than cant handle that can cry to the forum gods. Im not everyones GD mother!
Yes, we can plainly see that. We all apologize for irritating you. Have a great day:)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irish_phantom