Build vs buy. Does aftermarket transmitter work with p3?

Reaction score
Hey guys so I am in between buying or building which I have asked before others opinions. I also want to know how customizable is the phantom 3? Can I use an aftermarket transmitter? I ask because I found one for $280 but no remote. I can buy a 50 dollar transmitter or buy the orig. One for 250. Prefer the aftermarket one.

The guy claims it all works but I haven't seen it yet. Pics look good. I'm planning on pulling the top case off to inspect the parts as well. Luckily I've watched enough youtube videos that I know how it all comes together and what it should look like. Okay so no matter what I have to buy an expensive p3 remote. Thanks man!

I thought I'd be able to use a new transmitter if I soddered in a new receiver but I guess dji probably codes all their stuff to promote buying only their parts

I'm thinking most people buy Phantoms because they fly as-is right out of the box. If you're looking into building and/or partially building your own, then a Phantom is probably not the best way to go.

I definitely enjoy the building process. I'm wrestling with the fact that at the end of the day building my own drone will cost the same with less features/less performance. I saw one used for $440 p3

If you wanted a s/h transmitter, ebay is full of them.
The reason you can't use a conventional controller is that the P3's Lightbridge isn't standard R/C.
It's much better giving you great range plus 720p video in the same package.

Reactions: Rkkkkkk
Understanding all the functionality and components in a quad I don't think you can build as cheep as you can buy. I know it's fun but you'll get enough of that repairing her from the small crashes and mistakes. We all have them. Low hanginging branches, thought I was higher ... It didn't look that close... Called pilot error. Been flying over two years and have probably had half a dozen mishaps. Nothing earth shattering but they did require some repairs. Like other say.. That's the name of this game.

Reactions: Rkkkkkk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl