Broke the propeller clamp

Reaction score
So, it's cracks easy with no reason.
Now I'm trying to find another one, but eBay won't help.
Any advice where to get it?

What exactly is a propeller clamp? Are you referring to the prop wrench?

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1451158010.256985.jpg

That's going to be a tough part to find. Perhaps someone will give you their clamp -- since most people don't use them.

It really should not be needed though. If you're props are that tight on removal, you're tightening them too much. After spinning them on, you really only need to turn them about 1/4 of a full turn. If you're making them tighter than that, you're going to run the risk of potentially damaging the threads and/or cracking the hub. And, if that happens, your props could fall off when your Phantom is in the air.

Reactions: Viktor
That's going to be a tough part to find. Perhaps someone will give you their clamp -- since most people don't use them.

It really should not be needed though. If you're props are that tight on removal, you're tightening them too much. After spinning them on, you really only need to turn them about 1/4 of a full turn. If you're making them tighter than that, you're going to run the risk of potentially damaging the threads and/or cracking the hub. And, if that happens, your props could fall off when your Phantom is in the air.
Wow am I glad I saw your post. Had no idea you weren't supposed to tighten them. I hope I haven't damaged my brand new phantom... How can I tell if I have caused a problem?

Wow am I glad I saw your post. Had no idea you weren't supposed to tighten them. I hope I haven't damaged my brand new phantom... How can I tell if I have caused a problem?
Well, you are supposed to tighten them just a bit. But, just about a 1/4 of turn as I described above.

Visually inspect the top and bottom of the hubs to ensure there aren't any hairline cracks. Also, look inside of the hub to make sure none of the threads are stripped or malformed in some other way. You'd have to crank on them pretty hard to ruin them.

Viktor, if you're still convinced you need the clamp and cannot find one, PM me your mailing address and I'll send you mine. I have one that I'm not using from my P3S.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl