Broke camera

Reaction score
Yesterday i have an argument with a tree and unfortunately i lost.You can see the result at the photo
I push the separated parts together with no result.Is there any way to fix the problem or i must buy a new camera?
PS Sorry for my bad english

Attachments

• 20160902_113553.jpg
    20160902_113553.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 382
There is a fix with epoxy, as is is a steel shaft pressed into an aluminum housing, pretty easy repair ( but watch videos as you need to glue with it perfectly aligned ) or camera horizon will be off.

As for function , sounds like you might need a new ribbon cable,
Again YouTube how to, also easy to do!

I would attempt a repair before shelling out more $ on a new gimbal/camera!

Hope this helps!
J Dot
:cool:

Reactions: Dronego
Your one and only picture doesn't give enough detail for anyone to give you a fair assessment. But from your picture, I don't actually see where anything is broken.
In my marked up photo, part A is the roll motor shaft, that simply pushes into (hidden) part B. Part B is a steel (shiny silver) cup that is pressed into the roll arm, marked part C.
If Part B is inside of Part B, it should press back together (requiring proper alignment). You said that you already pressed these parts back together with no result, but that's not very clear. Exactly what result did you not get? Did the parts not stay together? Did they not go all the way together? Did the gimbal not fire up as it should? My quest is the last one, and that the gimbal isn't working, and my guess is that you have a damaged black ribbon cable.
e20815777b900891819cb431bf3fe3c1.jpg

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note4 using TapaTalk

Until yesterday the problem was that when i press part A and C together the parts did not stay together,but i have signal at dji go application.Unfortunately yesterday i stop have signal at dji go application.Maybe as you said i have a damaged cable.

Go to " f stop .com " get a new one with motor already installed and alignment is minor from there

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Until yesterday the problem was that when i press part A and C together the parts did not stay together,but i have signal at dji go application.Unfortunately yesterday i stop have signal at dji go application.Maybe as you said i have a damaged cable.
Can you post another picture, at a different angle so we can see inside the roll arm? I'm trying to help figure out why C & A don't stay together.
There should be a magnetic ring inside of the silver cup (part B not shown), which I believe does the most work in holding these parts together. The tiny pin sticking out of the roll motor (part A) should fit into a hole in the shiny steel cup (part B) also.

I dug up a pic from when I had to fix mine. It shows (left to right)
1) Roll arm
2) The silver metal cup that belongs in the roll arm (sorry, I don't know the part name)
3) The roll motor and components.
ad8a71e1cd147dc5e2d306d63cb0f602.jpg

See pic below.
I added a red arrow to your pic. It may just be an illusion , but it looks like he hole in the center is larger than it should be.
That hole should be the same size as the little shaft sticking out of the roll motor. Can you confirm that it is or is not the same size?

40b8d2e99aa5e2199fe60df2c5c0cf85.jpg

Also, something else looks questionable. Where I marked with yellow arrows, there should be a magnetic ring around the inner perimeter. In your straight on picture, yours looks missing or damaged.
Please post another pic, taken a an angle so we can see.

ac6b379cbbee86e900c7e69ff8bc0932.jpg

Last edited:
The curiosity kills the cat :D Just joking
You are absolutely right.The magnetic ring is missing and obviously this is the reason why the two parts did not stay together.
The only thing that makes me worry is i do not have signal at dji go application and maybe there is broken cable

I dug up a pic from when I had to fix mine. It shows (left to right)
1) Roll arm
2) The silver metal cup that belongs in the roll arm (sorry, I don't know the part name)
3) The roll motor and components.
ad8a71e1cd147dc5e2d306d63cb0f602.jpg

how did you manage to get the silver cup out of the arm

how did you manage to get the silver cup out of the arm
After crashing the Phantom, the silver cup was partially dislodged on its own.
I used a similarly sized socket to rest the cup on, and carefully used a staight punch and small tap hammer to very carefully tap the roll arm off of the cup.
Cleaned both surfaces, and tapped them back together. Then as recommended by another user, placed a small drop of superglue in 3 or 4 places around the joint of the cup and roll arm.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart