Brand New P3P - No Image Transmission

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

So I just recieved my brand new P3P and it shows 'no image transmission' and the whole screen is black.

The current firmware are : App 2.8.2
Aircraft 1.4.10
RC 1.4.30

The app says that I require to upgrade RC, Battery, Camera and Aircraft.

The aircraft flies perfectly with all parameters visible on the app. The gimbal is working perfectly.

I had a nightmare after upgrading my P3S which saw drastic reduction in range. I cannot let the same happen to my new P3P. I really need suggestions from you guys about what I should do. I fear upgrading firmware now.

Thanks,

Sarthak

Android or iOS? I have at least one android tablet that does that with my P3P but any other device I connect still seems fine.

Try to install earlier version of app and test. We don't have much info how App 2.8.2 works with 1.4 FW.

Try to install earlier version of app and test. We don't have much info how App 2.8.2 works with 1.4 FW.
... which is the kind of scenario you are set up for when you don't keep up with updates, being in untested waters.

AFAIK, P3P users have not experienced the so-called limited-range issue with firmware upgrades.

Chris

... which is the kind of scenario you are set up for when you don't keep up with updates, being in untested waters.

AFAIK, P3P users have not experienced the so-called limited-range issue with firmware upgrades.

Chris
My main concern right now is that I cannot see any camera image. The bird flies perfectly. Just no image transmission. I have upgraded everything but unable to upgrade RC. The light wont turn blue no matter how long I wait.

The light wont turn blue no matter how long I wait.
Okay, the light is supposed to blink blue in step #26 during firmware install (then green when it's complete), but you're not getting that.

How about step #25? Did the download seem to occur successfully? That is, did it show the download happening and indicate success?

"25. Tap download the firmware update package to download the firmware. Once downloaded, click the "Start to upgrade" button to start the firmware installation process. A progress bar will be displayed to allow you to track the installation progress."​

That step is a bit confusing as it covers downloading the firmware *and* starting the upgrade. Those last 2 sentences should be part of step #26. Step #25 should only mention:
  • how to download the firmware (it does)
  • what you should see during download (it doesn't)
  • what you see after success or failure (it doesn't).
Chris

Hi All,

Positive update! I was able to update the RC through mobile cable and it finally worked. I can see the live view now and it works great.
Thanks all for the help.

Hi All,

Positive update! I was able to update the RC through mobile cable and it finally worked. I can see the live view now and it works great.
Thanks all for the help.
Hey!
Thanks for the follow up. I had the. Same exact problem on a p3 I've had for about 8 months. Never had a problem until I got the no image msg. I tried everything that was suggested, no luck. Did the update...success!!

Thanks again!

In most of these cases, an update or replacement of the Go App and/or IMU calibration will fix the error. I still often get a disconnect and just plugging and unplugging the USB cable and moving a few feet back from the bird fixes it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18