Blade Nano QX

gunslinger said:
ududidj said:
Since purchasing a Phantom v1 this summer and becoming totally hooked, I've gotten a bit silly with indoor flying with micro-quads when the weather is less than great. The basic Hubsan units are affordable to the point of being disposable- yet, they have been taken quite a beating and are all still working great. For comparison in flite characteristics, I also purchased a Blade Nano QX. Compared to the Hubsans, it's got a sort of smoother feel to it- hard to describe. Seems to be a bit lighter as well- it's bare bones compared to the Hubsan frames and has a built-in bumper system as part of the frame design.

I like all of my little micro quads I've purchased: Blade Nano QX, Hubsan H107D (with cool fun-to-learn FPV built into the controller with recording in the contoller), Hubsan H107C (on-board MicroSD recording - lo Res but fun still) and Hubsan H107L (basic let 'er rip and crash unit).

Is the Hubsan H107D worth the bucks? I've been bitten pretty badly too and have three Hubsan H107L birds... Unfortunately one of them rests on top of a 70' scrub pine in the ball field down the street. I haven't given up... I'm going to scout that tree out with the P2V, find that little sucker and concoct a rescue mission... :) :D

---------------------------
I can't find any other FPV unit for as little coin as this one. I wanted to venture into FPV over the winter while spec'ing out a much more expensive unit. I want to leave my current Phantom v1 setup as-is for general use (GoPro mount only). So, for the $230 or so after tax, I would give it a thumbs-up for learning FPV on a twitchy little unit- the video resolution kinda blows, but I'm looking to learn FPV- not use the available feed for anything else besides that. Indoors, it's a lot of fun and quite a challenge in a small space to fly all FPV- that can only help dial in skills when it finally goes outside. It seems to be a bit heavier than the H107L (naturally) and so it responds a bit slower in Normal mode- but that's fine for my application.

I still need to try it outside so there may be issues with how far it will send a decent signal and such. I hope to explore this very soon and will report back with findings. Good luck with your little guy retrieval!

Bought a little Blade MQX a while back and bound it to my DX8. Fun to annoy my wife with on windy days. It's pretty resilient, I've crashed it into lights, walls. chairs etc and so far only damaged one blade. (it comes with an extra set).

The MQX is about twice the size as the nano's and I'd say about 1/3 size of the QX350. It will roll and loop fine and I get about 8 minutes flight time using 1S 3.7V 500mAh batts. Think the bind and fly models are around $65. Don't know what they get for RTF.

I'm sending my Vision back tomorrow and getting the P2 when they get them in stock (suppose to be between the 9th and 20th of Dec) with the zenmuse gimbal. Just too many problems with the Vision and I'd rather film with my gopros. The single axis gimbal on the Vision just makes no sense to me and the camera isn't that good IMO. I just want 15-20 min flight time so this new Phantom 2 should fit the bill for me for what I want it to do.

Planning on building something along the line of the TurboAce Matrix after the first of the year so the Phantom can be a backup deal.

For just fun and grins that Blade 350 QX is my go to machine. Very agile, fast and fun to fly. Without the camera attached it's a little rocket ship. I plan to put a small FPV camera on one in the next few weeks as soon as my SkyZone FPV goggles arrive.
pretty impressed with these. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZj-eNqvCDg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl