Blade Nano QX

Reaction score
Sorry to go off topic here, but wondering if anyone has experience with the Nano QX. Looks like it would be a mini me to the PV and may tide me over on bad weather days. Also while waiting for the PV to come back from the shop.

But really wonderin if thos would make a good gift for a 12 year old with no R/C experience.

The nQX doesn't have GPS, so it won't lock onto a location, but it is easy to fly. I really enjoy mine for indoor fight.

Blade also just released the 180QX, a larger version of the Nano, smaller than the 350QX. Again, it lacks GPS, but is fun to fly.

I'd go with the Nano for a child to learn on.

I purchased 180QX. It is easier to fly than the nano and more stable because it is a little bigger. Great fun indors and shares most of the parts from the nano.

Richard

I have the Nano and use it on rainy days, which are frequent here! I've just ordered more batteries and a parallel charger. I have two "full size" quads and only wish I'd used one of these tiny ones to train myself before taking the plunge. A great gift for anyone.

I picked up a QX today. Not as stable as Blade makes it out to be. But with a little trim and a little practice it sure is fun. Hard to tell front from back. The dealer recommended me something else for my 12 year old godson. It even has a camera in it. Cost about 70$ for the kit. It really flies nice. More stable than the Blade. Cant remember the name but I'll post a poc of the box if anyone is interested.

myvrodrocks said:
I picked up a QX today. Not as stable as Blade makes it out to be. But with a little trim and a little practice it sure is fun. Hard to tell front from back. The dealer recommended me something else for my 12 year old godson. It even has a camera in it. Cost about 70$ for the kit. It really flies nice. More stable than the Blade. Cant remember the name but I'll post a poc of the box if anyone is interested.

Interested!!!!

Thanks...
-slinger

Attachments

• DSC_6187.jpg
    DSC_6187.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 882
  • DSC_6182.jpg
    DSC_6182.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 1,141
  • DSC_6183.jpg
    DSC_6183.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 908
The bumper is removable. And it really works. You can bang into all kinds of things and of it lands on its top the props are fine.

I'm planning on buying a Vision, once they get the bugs worked out....so till then, I got a Nano QX to learn how to fly.
As mentioned above, not as stable as Blade advertises...but very fun to fly.
Battery life is really short, but the bats are cheap.
I can't seem to get the rudder set correctly, to stop the Nano rotating.
Is a pilot supposed to know whether it's pointing front or back...or.. just fly and react to the direction it moves in?
I'm considering getting the Phantom basic, for under $500, if it's easier to fly...and practice on that.

I have (had) a couple of Hubsan X4 quads that look very much like your Carson, except your Carson apparently has a camera. ( There's also a Hubsan with a camera too, if I recall) They use the exact same remote. I just replaced a motor in one of the Hubsans last night, a very easy task and a very inexpensive purchase. I LOVE that bumper. It worked great on my Hubsan X4 that is now perched in a very tall pine tree about a quarter mile from here... Got up in the wind, I pulled the right stick the wrong way and...

I have another one on order...

-slinger

You could fly up that tree with your PV and use the view to help fish it out. Someone on here suggested fishing line and lure to get up the tree, the use the line to pull up a rope and tear the branch off...

myvrodrocks said:
You could fly up that tree with your PV and use the view to help fish it out. Someone on here suggested fishing line and lure to get up the tree, the use the line to pull up a rope and tear the branch off...

I can't even locate it in the tree, I suspect it's up at the very top. If it weren't raining right now, I'd have the PV up over that tree to see if I could spot it. Today I took a couple of electrical boxes and some heavy twine... tossed the boxes up over a couple of likely branches and shook the bejusus out of that tree. Natha...

-slinger

Looking at this Hubsan, I think it is the exact same copter. Just a different name on the box for the European market.

Nice little copter for sure.

Myvro, I love my little nano, the one you have pictured on the right. It flys great and almost indistrutable. I even have my wife flying in preperation for her flying the Phantom.

I have a PV and before I got it I spent considerable time flying the Nano to train up. No it doesn't have GPS (hell, it's tiny)... but it offers reasonable stability, which is what you want. You need to learn to keep it stable yourself and just do basic maneuvers. It's great because you can practice inside our out and extra bats are cheap... It's also resilient, you can fix/replace just about everything. I took my lumps with the Nano and now after moving up to the PV couldn't be happier. Got about 3 hrs flying under my belt and feel competent and confident.

Since purchasing a Phantom v1 this summer and becoming totally hooked, I've gotten a bit silly with indoor flying with micro-quads when the weather is less than great. The basic Hubsan units are affordable to the point of being disposable- yet, they have been taken quite a beating and are all still working great. For comparison in flite characteristics, I also purchased a Blade Nano QX. Compared to the Hubsans, it's got a sort of smoother feel to it- hard to describe. Seems to be a bit lighter as well- it's bare bones compared to the Hubsan frames and has a built-in bumper system as part of the frame design.

I like all of my little micro quads I've purchased: Blade Nano QX, Hubsan H107D (with cool fun-to-learn FPV built into the controller with recording in the contoller), Hubsan H107C (on-board MicroSD recording - lo Res but fun still) and Hubsan H107L (basic let 'er rip and crash unit).

Attachments

• IMG_20131205_174924_112.jpg
    IMG_20131205_174924_112.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 810
gunslinger said:
... It worked great on my Hubsan X4 that is now perched in a very tall pine tree about a quarter mile from here... Got up in the wind, I pulled the right stick the wrong way and...

I have another one on order...

-slinger

For what it's worth, and if you should be so bold- and so lucky- holler at a cable/telephone dude in a bucket truck- not because he can get to it with the truck, but pretty much all cable technicians have a set of "lay-up sticks" on the truck or van. They are easily recognizable as they are fiberglass poles that connect- and go way up in the air... and have a nifty little hook on them.

I know as that was my line of work before a chevy s-10 got intimate with my right side while riding the sled several years ago.

Always worth a shot... and they go way up.

ududidj said:
Since purchasing a Phantom v1 this summer and becoming totally hooked, I've gotten a bit silly with indoor flying with micro-quads when the weather is less than great. The basic Hubsan units are affordable to the point of being disposable- yet, they have been taken quite a beating and are all still working great. For comparison in flite characteristics, I also purchased a Blade Nano QX. Compared to the Hubsans, it's got a sort of smoother feel to it- hard to describe. Seems to be a bit lighter as well- it's bare bones compared to the Hubsan frames and has a built-in bumper system as part of the frame design.

I like all of my little micro quads I've purchased: Blade Nano QX, Hubsan H107D (with cool fun-to-learn FPV built into the controller with recording in the contoller), Hubsan H107C (on-board MicroSD recording - lo Res but fun still) and Hubsan H107L (basic let 'er rip and crash unit).

Is the Hubsan H107D worth the bucks? I've been bitten pretty badly too and have three Hubsan H107L birds... Unfortunately one of them rests on top of a 70' scrub pine in the ball field down the street. I haven't given up... I'm going to scout that tree out with the P2V, find that little sucker and concoct a rescue mission... :) :D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl