better, bigger motors

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

apart from fitting a V8, :)

what motors do you recommend to swap out the original motors to give better power to lift other something & better than a GoPro ?

is it worth it or even possible ?

cheers, :)

come on Guys,

surely someone out there has ideas of which motors to up grade a P1 with, eh ?

some thing that will fit roughly in the same position, just more powerful ! :)

mb_guy said:
Think you will want to be careful doing this. I believe the ESC's are 18A in the phantom. Those motors are 17+A , don't want to fry the ESC

You do want to be careful about that factor when changing motors, but those T-motor's work fine in the Phantom and definitely don't draw anywhere near 17A in mine.

OI Photography said:
mb_guy said:
Think you will want to be careful doing this. I believe the ESC's are 18A in the phantom. Those motors are 17+A , don't want to fry the ESC

You do want to be careful about that factor when changing motors, but those T-motor's work fine in the Phantom and definitely don't draw anywhere near 17A in mine.

great, how have you found the T motors ? which ones do you use ?

do they lift more & run longer or are they the same ?

cheers

I have the white anti-grav set marketed for the Phantom, and while they haven't really given me any problems they also haven't really given any noticeable difference in flight time or lifting capability.

mb_guy said:

I'm drawing a bit of a blank, but I recall the Phantom ESCs are 15A max...and you don't want to get close to that because they're not cooled in the airflow...

The P1 ESC's were advertised as being rated for 18A, but I agree I wouldn't want to push it anywhere near that with the (lack of) cooling they have. I got them hot enough once to melt the insulation on two of the power wires to the motor when I was a little overzealous with pushing the weight envelope in my early days :oops:

I am using the dji 450 escs and motors and 9inch props on my Phantom. Runs perfect.

I also cut a big arse hole in the front of it to fit a bigger battery. Getting about 15mins flying

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl