Best tablet

Reaction score
I was using a Galaxy Tab A for my controller. Lately it has started getting screen freeze and distortion of image after I have been flying a short time. I closed all apps that were open but I think the ones running in background are still operating Ex. Gmail updates, Facebook updates etc... I took a picture when I first started the flight and the screen was working properly. I opened the image to view it after the flight and it looked okay. I tried to download it to Facebook and half the image is blacked out and of the other half most of it is distorted. I am up to date on firmware.

Is this a tablet issue or Phantom problem? What Tablet's are people using?

It should be usable if it's the Tab A 2016 model. Older models are going to lag.

You can find a list of recommended and commonly used tablets here.

I pad air 2. I use this with auto pilot. from autoflight. What a beast! No lag and lots of room for viewing. If you haven't used auto pilot, on an Ipad, you haven't flown autonomously!

Actually I'm using the ipad 4. It's good but it haven't the GPS and its quite big and heavy. Which is in your opinion the best size for a tablet? I'm guessing the ipad mini, but I'm wondering if an iPhone plus would be enough.

Inviato dal mio PLK-L01 utilizzando Tapatalk

Which is in your opinion the best size for a tablet?
The iPad Mini 4 is the largest tablet I've used. Anything larger than that would be overkill in my opinion. I use my iPhone 7 a lot too when flying my Mavic. While much smaller, I have no trouble seeing everything.

Reactions: BlooDrEdCiRcLe
I was using a Galaxy Tab A for my controller. Lately it has started getting screen freeze and distortion of image after I have been flying a short time. I closed all apps that were open but I think the ones running in background are still operating Ex. Gmail updates, Facebook updates etc... I took a picture when I first started the flight and the screen was working properly. I opened the image to view it after the flight and it looked okay. I tried to download it to Facebook and half the image is blacked out and of the other half most of it is distorted. I am up to date on firmware.

Is this a tablet issue or Phantom problem? What Tablet's are people using?
I installed DU Battery Saver Pro.
Set it up to kill all background apps.
Works good for me.

I use the MI PAD 2. Has a 7.9 screen, light-weight and plenty of power. $154 no shipping, no tax.

I currently have the ipad air 2, there have been no issues and works great,,,,, how ever I am finding quite bulky for the RC.
I'm thinking of downsizing to the ipad mini

iPhone6s - No issue
iPad mini 16GB Gen1 - No Go! (not enough processing power) I still had the DJI Go app install and used this to sync and review the my Flight Logs.
iPad mini 64GB Gen4 - My current favorite!

The iPad mini's while more compact than the full size iPads, have plenty of screen and therefore display more data as well as the live feed images nicely.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (SM-T713). While it performs wonderfully (No Lag) and has a bright AMOLED screen indoors. I find it difficult to see outdoors on nice sunny days.

Does anyone have any advice on dealing with that. Should I get a sunshield or visor? Or is there a really bright tablet that I should buy?

Does anyone have any advice on dealing with that. Should I get a sunshield or visor?
There is no tablet bright enough to beat the sun. Try to fly in the shade when possible. If you must fly in direct sunlight, a sun shade should help. A hood will definitely resolve the issue since it blocks out all outside light.

You can find a list of commonly used sun shades/hoods here.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl