Best Tablet for P4P?

I use an Nvidia Shield K1 for my P4, I am fairly happy with it. I tried other android devices and they stank.

I'm not an Apple guy either although i am proficient and do own a mac and an ipad and several iphones for testing apps n such. So I thought about an ipad mini because of the power at which it can render, but unless you get the cellular enabled version, it has no GPS, and also no SD card capabilities.

The Nvidia has an HDMI out, runs minimal bloatware, was only $189 on Amazon. Has GPS and an SD card slot.

I can fly fpv now, the other android tablets were too laggy.

Well, I myself am a Apple person and my experiences with other tablets are not the best. If I had to recommend one I would have to agree with brolland with the iPad Air 2. Apple products do cost more but they last a lot longer and run better (my opinion).

Last edited:
I use the IPad Pro and have no complaints. Does everything I want it to do. I'm 71, so I need all the "bright and big screen" I can get.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

If you have a cellular iPad without a plan, you will not be able to use the features that require an Internet connection. Those features include downloading maps, streaming to YouTube/Facebook, installing firmware updates, and syncing flight logs. If you need to connect to the Internet, you could create a hot spot on a mobile phone.

I have been using a IPad Mini 2 wifi/cellular. The iPad Mini 2 is a dedicated device. I erased everything formatted to the device. I turned off everything that I couldn't erase, go threw every setting, notification etc and shut it all down. Leave maps open for GPS and turn everything else off. Don't open a email account other than your cloud account, no contacts, no games. Dedicated!! The Mini 2 cellular Or wifi only as a dedicated device works great

I use an Nvidia Shield K1 for my P4, I am fairly happy with it. I tried other android devices and they stank.

I'm not an Apple guy either although i am proficient and do own a mac and an ipad and several iphones for testing apps n such. So I thought about an ipad mini because of the power at which it can render, but unless you get the cellular enabled version, it has no GPS, and also no SD card capabilities.

The Nvidia has an HDMI out, runs minimal bloatware, was only $189 on Amazon. Has GPS and an SD card slot.

I can fly fpv now, the other android tablets were too laggy.
I just got the nividia delivered and will be using it solely for drone related things, no email or anything like that. Any tips or suggestions on setting it up the best way? App suggestions other than the dji apps? Thanks!

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I just got the nividia delivered and will be using it solely for drone related things, no email or anything like that. Any tips or suggestions on setting it up the best way? App suggestions other than the dji apps? Thanks!

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I did the normal setup, then disbaled all the apps I would never use like the Nvidia game center thing.
I did not add the Facebook app because a resource hog and I dont see me broadcasting live to FB.

I added a button to the main screen for quick access to the settings and set the power plan on high performance.
accessing the screen brightness can be done with two swipes down from top, to get to the "switches".

I am impressed with this tablet, very little bloatware and snappy operation. I am used to bloat heavy Samsung devices...this is like a breath of fresh air.

I often look at my available ram, and it usually .91gb (900mb) with the DJI app running.
My previous galaxy tablet was 300-400 and very laggy.

I have been using a IPad Mini 2 wifi/cellular. The iPad Mini 2 is a dedicated device. I erased everything formatted to the device. I turned off everything that I couldn't erase, go threw every setting, notification etc and shut it all down. Leave maps open for GPS and turn everything else off. Don't open a email account other than your cloud account, no contacts, no games. Dedicated!! The Mini 2 cellular Or wifi only as a dedicated device works great
I'm led to believe, in order to have GPS, it must be a cell unit. I know a unit will run GPS without cell on, but the only way to get GPS capability is to have the cell unit. Why does the monitor have to be GPS ??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart