Best tablet for DJI GO

Other than what RHP mentioned about making your own (which is good advice and always the cheapest option), the Hoodivision PadHat seems to be well-regarded. I plan to get one myself.

Ah, I get it, so you don't like the Hard Lemonade? Hahaha

Try the cherry cola,... ;-)

Eh, what can I say, the Grammy Awards begin in an hour, and little Stevie Wonder is performing, so I am giddy with glee. Hehe

RedHotPoker

I had a Padhat. It works... however it connects magnetically like a Smart Cover. On more then one occasion an average gust of wind blew it off.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
You might like to replace them magnets with some tiny super strong rare-earth magnets. Or just attach one to each spot of the current ones. www.leevalley.com carries many different sizes.

RedHotPoker

I thought of that. But if they are too strong then you stand the chance of effecting the electronics or the display.

I bought the standard hood for the iPad mini a really good anti glare display cover. Works great!!!

Hi

Huge Apple fanboy here. And proud P3P owner.

Currently I'm using my iPhone 6S for lightbridge tru DJI GO.
Though it works perfectly, I was thinking of getting a dedicated Phantom-tablet.
So much is going on, on my phone, that I wont risking the app crashing og things like that.

I see many topics like this on here, but i also see, that mostly Android-devices are recomended.
I would trust an iPad more than any android device, and see some other users in here complainting about the android OS and its (in)stability.

I guess GPS is a major feature and would like that in my tablet.
What would you recommend of the Apple-tablet - or why do you think i should pick a Android instead?

Regards
Emil
I am using a Cherry Q3 10" phone/tablet (iPhone clone) with my P3S and so far I have had very little problems with the DGI GO app here in the Philippines. I will know soon how it works when it get back to Florida in a few weeks. The tablet is only sold here in PI, but I have seen some on EBay under a different label.

The PadHat for the Shield attaches via hook & loop (velcro), not magnets. I can't say it wouldn't fly off, but I'd be surprised.
If the wind was strong enough to blow off the sunshade, you probably shouldn't be flying. lol

How did you do it.. when i tried

I just installed dji go app, and it paired to the quad-it does have cellular and 32 gb memory, but is stupidly big even with the clamp attachment i bought that does hold it. I only used it once, in my back yard, and decided to go back to the iphone 5s but I really like the Insignia Flex Elite 7.85 I bought at Best Buy (I got it for $99 but it is back up to $149 now). I ordered and already received a non-glare cover for it for 3 bucks, so I can"t wait to fly again if it ever gets above 15 degrees.

Simple question -> iPad Mini 4 or Samsung Tab S2 8.0 ?

Is it still true that DJI GO works better on iOS? Or now it's no difference?
Is there any difference if i get P3A or P3P? Maybe 10Mbps is too much for android but 2Mbps is ok? Any observations?

Samsung seems to have more brighter and colorful screen (AMOLED) which would be nice advantage on sunny days.
But video on iPad is probably more smooth?
Although iPad is almost twice more expensive. Is it worth?

Unfortunately, you've asked a simple question without a simple answer. It's mostly down to personal preference.
I think the Android and iOS versions of the app are fairly similar from what I'm hearing, although I've only been able to personally test the Android version, so take that for what it's worth.
Of course, some prefer Litchi or one of the other 3rd party apps over the DJI GO app entirely, so that's another conversation altogether.
As for the datastream bandwidth question, I have no clue, but that's a good point.
The bright screen on the Samsung is a high point, but most of the comments I've seen from owners of various tablets (including the 2 you ask about) mention that no tablet is fully visible under truly bright sunlight. You'll probably want a sunshade regardless. Of course, you can always just step into the shade or sit in your car. I sit on my back porch in a comfy chair with a beer! ;)
The price vs value question is my main reason for choosing Android over Apple, but that again comes down to your preference. Do you want to pay more for a potentially smoother experience, or same money and put up with a glitch here and there, or have to configure a bit more than otherwise? Your call, I'm afraid.

Reactions: HMR and twari
Agreed. I prefer iOS, but didn't want to spend as much as even used minis with cell capabilities were going for. I ended up with a Shield K1 and am reasonably happy with it. It does auto sync with healthy drones, and has a screen recorder, which are both nice features not available with iOS.

Apparently no one can get the flight log off the Apple and into HD Healthy Drones ......HUGE disadvantage
I should not have gone with Apple

Last edited:
Apparently no one can get the flight log off the Apple and into HD Healthy Drones ......HUGE disadvantage

Um ... I just did this the other day ? You get it through iTunes just like the instructions say !

Um ... I just did this the other day ? You get it through iTunes just like the instructions say !

Agreed. It's simple and routine.

Simple question -> iPad Mini 4 or Samsung Tab S2 8.0 ?

Is it still true that DJI GO works better on iOS? Or now it's no difference?
Is there any difference if i get P3A or P3P? Maybe 10Mbps is too much for android but 2Mbps is ok? Any observations?

Samsung seems to have more brighter and colorful screen (AMOLED) which would be nice advantage on sunny days.
But video on iPad is probably more smooth?
Although iPad is almost twice more expensive. Is it worth?

IMHO smartphones/tablets have come a long way. Apple might be the Ford of the smartphone/tablet arena, but there's a lot of new manufacturers that came after that that are on par or better than the original. In any case, you cannot go wrong with Apple or Samsung both will run the DJI Go app just fine without any hiccups. I ended up getting the tab s2 9.7 simply because the 8" is barely larger than my note 5. If you're looking to use apps other than the go app go with Android. No matter what you choose both of them will run the Go App smoothly.

Reactions: twari
That is just bad information. I have only used apple and it works fine.

Cannot get itunes to load DJI GO on my PC......contacted Apple and NO help...I have viewed that video ten times
Sorry just very very frustrated ...and need help
What do you mean? You don't download DJI GO to your computer. You load DJI GO on your device through the app store. Then you plug your device in to your computer. Itunes opens you go to applications click on DJI GO... Video pretty much explains the process. It takes me about 10 seconds for the entire process.

That is just bad information. I have only used apple and it works fine.

What do you mean? You don't download DJI GO to your computer. You load DJI GO on your device through the app store. Then you plug your device in to your computer. Itunes opens you go to applications click on DJI GO... Video pretty much explains the process. It takes me about 10 seconds for the entire process.

....After another lengthy discussion with Apple we found the issues the download of iTunes was corrupted.....I am not a complete idiot when it comes to the stuff :) hence my total frustration when I did it...then failed .....and then googled it and repeated the same steps......to failure....so all is well after only 8 hours of trying.

You are all very correct once iTunes is good it is all simple

....After another lengthy discussion with Apple we found the issues the download of iTunes was corrupted.....I am not a complete idiot when it comes to the stuff :) hence my total frustration when I did it...then failed .....and then googled it and repeated the same steps......to failure....so all is well after only 8 hours of trying.

You are all very correct once iTunes is good it is all simple

Yatzee.. I'm glad it is all good now.

Last edited:
That is a very cool bracket......anyone know who?

The writing on the side looks like PG?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor