Best tablet for DJI GO

Pappy, as i understand it, you need the gps devise and the iPad's only come with gps in the cellular versions whereas the droids mostly come with gps even without cellular option.

We have plenty of apple products in the house so I tried the pad and iPhone both. Really wanted the pad but the wife has it loaded with games so that was out for me to take over and I has going to have to spend some bucks either way . When looking at the money spent to performance I went with the shield ( as p3a does not have hdmi)!and spent the money saved on head play googles and a Marco Polo then picked up the pet tag also. All for what I would have spent on the mini 4. The force with the sheild is powerful :). Study and you might change also. Dozen flights no problems and the head play is also nice if some one wants to go on the flight with you! Like a co- pilot
Lost drone can be found and I do not worry about losing the dog when out in the wilds

So you use the HDMI out on the shield to connect to the Headplay googles wired, correct?
Do you just not use the wireless functions of the Headplay? Too bad they don't make a cheaper version without the 5.8Ghz stuff, that would be sweet. :)

Air 2. I couldn't imagine using anything else now. Get an anti reflective screen guard and make/buy a hood

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have nothing against Apple products but if you're talking about a designated tablet for the sole purpose of flying, using a single app, why on earth would you spend more than $100 on a used Nexus tablet or similar? Besides the fanboy part...

I like the air 2 because of the screen, weight. I've never had an android tablet whose display I liked better than the retina, and the air is so thin and light. But...it's not dedicated...If fact, I'm using it now

Went from LG Nexus to Samsung Tab 4 8" finally to Samsung Tab A 9.7" and couldn't be happier, works flawlessly whether running Go or Litchi (preferred app). Tech consultant by trade servicing all makes and models and quite honestly every time I sit down with an Apple device I walk away thinking, "good lord why do people bother." But then I'm used to utilizing devices that let me customize to my heart's content and to my exact specifications, whether one of my Android devices or one of my Windows systems, but I guess if you like being told how you should be using your device and don't care about being able to do things in a few or several different ways, or don't care about making your device look, feel and operate exactly how YOU prefer it to be, then by all means splurge on the Apple ecosystem, knowing that you're paying a premium for it.

I saw some guy on youtube managed to use GPS on a wifi ipad mini via Jailbreak and sharing the GPS faeture from his iPhone.

Anyone have experiences with this? This would be an (almost) easy way to gett a cheap and bigger screen with the GPS feature that we want.

I will test it tomorrow. Just arrived. Will keep you posted.

Yeah---This was a no go...Had to get the app directly from DJI, once I did that I had to play around the settings to actually connect phantom. once I did that, video would not show. Turned on USB debugging, got it to work but the last was really significant both with Litchi and DJI Go.

Returning today...Or keeping it for an e-reader...lol guess I couldn't expect much for the price.

Jscope, I get it,,,you are just too techy and smart to use Apple.. I configure control systems for Utility Power Plants, I make systems that were never meant to work together into bestest buds,,,When I'm not doing that, I train EE's and software engineers on how to integrate systems and troubleshoot them. I like having a mobile device I don't have to think about....I don't like thinking about my toaster either. They are both just appliances. I'd rather gave a great experience flying a drone and I have zero complaints about the iPad or the iOS app.

I can get an iPad mini (2012-model) with GPS and cellular for 200 USD. Is that a good deal?

I can get an iPad mini (2012-model) with GPS and cellular for 200 USD. Is that a good deal?

Probably not. The original mini apparently hasn't the processing power to run the GO app, it has to be a mini2 at least. I just got a mini2 and, although the GO app runs smoothly enough, I found the screen a bit too dim for use in direct sunlight, even with a home-made hood, so I am now looking for a mini4 which apparently has a far superior display.

Probably not. The original mini apparently hasn't the processing power to run the GO app, it has to be a mini2 at least. I just got a mini2 and, although the GO app runs smoothly enough, I found the screen a bit too dim for use in direct sunlight, even with a home-made hood, so I am now looking for a mini4 which apparently has a far superior display.

I tried my mini original, and while it will run the app, it is really laggy when viewing movement from the camera...i mean REALLY laggy...would be terrible to fly with...

Reactions: TrevorTron
I find it odd when people find it necessary to criticize what someone else uses. To me it shows insecurity. Dave has it right, it's a tool and as a tool I don't want to have configure and configure and configure. I just want the dam thing to work as intended and consistently. To each their own. It's called variety. So be happy with what you got and try not to insult those who don't think like you do. It's America baby! We have choices.. Geez just look at our current political process.

By the way I have a EE degree also.

Reactions: TrevorTron
Have anyone tried jailbreaking the non-cellular iPad to get acces to GPS sharing via the iPhone/phone which have a GPS?

Anyone used Asus ZenPad tablet?
Its on sale from BB for $150

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik