Best props for carrying a payload

Reaction score
I am trying to carry fishing lures, bait to active feeding fish. Weight can be as much as 1-2 pounds. Is a P-3 capable with out any mods to props or motors? Is there a prop that would better serve the carrying capacity over the stock DJI blades? Thanx

I am trying to carry fishing lures, bait to active feeding fish. Weight can be as much as 1-2 pounds. Is a P-3 capable with out any mods to props or motors? Is there a prop that would better serve the carrying capacity over the stock DJI blades? Thanx

This aircraft isn't designed to carry much more weight than it comes with. The Phantom line is controlled by a flight controller (FC) which will work hard to maintain everything in specific parameters which means changing props (pitch and diameter) will not have the desired effect.

Agree with biga , this it's not a payload aircraft but if that what you like to use it for I can tell you that it can handle about 600grams (1.3lbs) of extra battery no problem , some had pushed it a little more and start noticing degrading fly characteristics .

But these are battery adding energy to make up for weight. You will have very short air time carrying 1lb of bait but possible if do just a few min fly and back for another fully charged battery ...

Oem carbon fiber props may help been less flexible as there will be extra load . But that's another controversy.

Please if you do try share the experience with us....

2.5 lbs is about all a p3 will get off the ground, slightly less for the p4.

well I have to add the release mechanism, plus what ever payload I can carry. Even if its 8-12oz, that would be sufficient for testing and trial runs over land. No experimenting over open ocean with payload, scared enough just shooting pics and video from my boat !!
How about more payload capable drones?

I've seen a water proof quad that will fly your line wherever you want it and it has a release mechanism built in to drop it. I think it has a fish finder and the camera goes underwater when you land on the surface it floats. Can't remember what it's called tho.

So 2.5 lbs it's the lifting limits them. Nice! no doubt flying characteristics are compromise in that rage. I won't try to fly on the ocean winds with any weight close to that, plus battery will run down fast and the birds motor output transitors may overheat killing your main board in mid air any day... but if you want to fish that bad please share the results ;)

Smaller loads are ok like you are saying them you may have a fishing warrior on your hands ;-) ...

no doubt a inspire would be better, you may be able to add a medium external battery the release mechanism a little bigger bait and keep it around stock air time ...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan