Best Phantom 4 alternate small drone?

Reaction score
So would like to get a drone that I can actually carry with me in a small bag and not be as huge as a Phantom 4. I'm deciding between Mavic or Spark, and money isn't an issue since both these drones are under $1000.

Phantom 4 needs an entire backpack to come with you, which can be a hassle if you can't leave it in your car or home. But it's heft makes it a really good drone though, just not great for carrying long distances.

I want to consider either the Mavic or Spark, which are the only 2 DJI drones I that look practical to carry around with you on your body. Something that you can take with you on a hiking trail you'll be on for 2-3 hours but would like some drone time. Or if you travel to another country, that it can fit in your luggage and not take up too much room.

Also the smaller drones will likely fit inside the trunk of my BMW scooter, the Phantom 4 won't fit in there, it has to be on my back. So would like a smaller drone so I have that option to leave it in my scooter's trunk. And be able to travel around with it without it holding me down.

I would like the performance of the P4 so which of the smaller drone gives up less of those features or keep most of the P4 features? Like sport mode, battery time, etc.

which of the smaller drone gives up less of those features or keep most of the P4 features? Like sport mode, battery time, etc.
The Mavic is definitely the most feature-rich between the Mavic and the Spark. The Spark is smaller and lighter, so it might be the better option since you'll need to carry the drone gear with you.

I've only had the chance to fly my Spark in a light breeze so far. It handled just fine in those conditions.

You said you want the one that is closer to the Phantom in performance. That makes the Mavic an obvious choice.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl