Best iPad mini 4 screen protector (anti-glare)

Reaction score
Ive seen some recommendations on here for which screen protectors are the best, but not many for the iPad mini 4. Apparently none of the protectors made for the mini 1/2/3 will fit on the 4?? At least that's what the manufacturers say on their Amazon descriptions. Don't know why that is.

Anyway, if you have a screen protector you like for the iPad mini 4, and it reduces glare, please post your experience and product recommendations.

I just started using the UAV Blue sunshade Amazon.com: True Folding Sunshade for DJI Phantom and Inspire Controller with an iPad Mini or Similar - Injection Molded, Hinged Shades that Fold over Screen: Camera & Photo
and so far it is awesome. But I think an anti glare over the screen would make it even better.

Thank you!!!

Ive seen some recommendations on here for which screen protectors are the best, but not many for the iPad mini 4. Apparently none of the protectors made for the mini 1/2/3 will fit on the 4?? At least that's what the manufacturers say on their Amazon descriptions. Don't know why that is.

Anyway, if you have a screen protector you like for the iPad mini 4, and it reduces glare, please post your experience and product recommendations.

I just started using the UAV Blue sunshade Amazon.com: True Folding Sunshade for DJI Phantom and Inspire Controller with an iPad Mini or Similar - Injection Molded, Hinged Shades that Fold over Screen: Camera & Photo
and so far it is awesome. But I think an anti glare over the screen would make it even better.

Thank you!!!

So how are you liking the sunshade. Did you find an anti-glare screen protector. Do they work well together.

I'm loving the sunshade. It really does make a difference. My only wish is that there was a matte fabric inside to cut down reflections even more. I'm thinking of tacking some black felt inside for that reason. Should be a simple mod.

I've been leaving the iPad in the sunshade instead of taking it out and putting it in a case. Since it folds completely over the screen it's actually a great protective case. The only thing is if you take it off the dji controller entirely, it will jiggle around in the case. Just cut some small strips of foam to jam around the edges and keep it secure.

As for the anti-glare mat, I've been using this one and it's amazing. ArmorSuit MilitaryShield - Apple iPad Mini 4 Matte Screen Protector - Anti-Glare / Anti-Fingerprint & Anti-Bubble Shield w/ Lifetime Replacements Amazon.com: ArmorSuit MilitaryShield - Apple iPad Mini 4 Matte Screen Protector - Anti-Glare / Anti-Fingerprint & Anti-Bubble Shield w/ Lifetime Replacements: Computers & Accessories

The application is a little nerve wracking because you wet the whole iPad screen, apply, and let it dry for 24 hours. But it's seriously like a factory finish. Super smooth, bubble free, thick, responsive, and cuts the glare more than anything else I've tried. So yeah. Get one of those too.

I'm loving the sunshade. It really does make a difference. My only wish is that there was a matte fabric inside to cut down reflections even more. I'm thinking of tacking some black felt inside for that reason. Should be a simple mod.

I've been leaving the iPad in the sunshade instead of taking it out and putting it in a case. Since it folds completely over the screen it's actually a great protective case. The only thing is if you take it off the dji controller entirely, it will jiggle around in the case. Just cut some small strips of foam to jam around the edges and keep it secure.

As for the anti-glare mat, I've been using this one and it's amazing. ArmorSuit MilitaryShield - Apple iPad Mini 4 Matte Screen Protector - Anti-Glare / Anti-Fingerprint & Anti-Bubble Shield w/ Lifetime Replacements Amazon.com: ArmorSuit MilitaryShield - Apple iPad Mini 4 Matte Screen Protector - Anti-Glare / Anti-Fingerprint & Anti-Bubble Shield w/ Lifetime Replacements: Computers & Accessories

The application is a little nerve wracking because you wet the whole iPad screen, apply, and let it dry for 24 hours. But it's seriously like a factory finish. Super smooth, bubble free, thick, responsive, and cuts the glare more than anything else I've tried. So yeah. Get one of those too.

I ordered the sunshade. I too was thinking about putting felt on the inside. If you put the felt on would it keep it from rattling like you mentioned.

Does the black attract heat from the sun. I thought about painting the outside white. I hate to put all that work in an expensive item. But hey, we gotta mod stuff. Right. I wish they made a white one.

Do you have the sunshade in case. If so lets see how it looks.

Does the sunshade scratch your ipad at all. I think I'm going try try to find some thin self adhesive felt to put on it just to be safe. That will keep it from rattling too I think.

I sure would like to see how you store your sunshade,,,lol.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl