Best googles setup for my v2+

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Newbie here so treading carefully.

Had my v2+ for a short while and can't seem to get used to the iPhone as my line of sight, so was looking to step into fpv goggles but a few questions for the experts.

Can I use a set of Fatshark Preditor goggles, I have read that the 5.8 transmitter will cause interference or fly away?

How can I achieve 'trouble free' flying with goggles using either the on board camera or a add on?

Is it possible at all or should I look at a monitor on a tripod option?

Questions, questions????

The Phantom 2 Vision+ controller runs on a 5.8GHz frequency, rather than the camera. This means that any goggles (such as the Fatshark Predators) that receive 5.8GHz video signal will not work with the camera. One way around it would be to use a set of goggles which support an HDMI input, then get a converter for the data port on your iPhone so you can grab the video feed directly from the app.

Reactions: ExWafu
cheers Matt, that clears that then.

Just got to start shopping for the leads and compatible goggles.

Thanks again.

No problem :)

There were a couple that we used to stock such as the "Carl Zeiss Cinemizer Goggles" and the "Fatshark Dominator HD Goggles". They both supported an HDMI input (which was great since I've used them for gaming too :cool:). Sadly, they've both been discontinued now and we're yet to find an alternative.

Hi Matt,

Looking at the Fatshark Dominator on flee bay, I take it you won't need goggles power pack as the HDMI provides power from the iPad to HDMI lead power source?

Cheers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka