best camera for panorama

Reaction score
I wanted to buy gopro hero 4 black but i didnt like quality of image because i want to make panoramas. What is in your opinion best camera for panorama?

This isn't the best panorama but it's created from screen grabs of my first flight with the GoPro 4 Black attached. As you can see the quality is good even from the screen grabs. The right location with the camera set up for stills and it should be great for this use.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428195896.834643.jpg

Everything is a compromise and there is no easy answer.
Best image will always be from the biggest sensor but flying a big camera comes with its own problems. The best camera for to fly would be on a Phantom which will allow for longer flight time, affordable flying and easy transport.
Here's a nice panorama done with the P2V+
5064-74-L.jpg

If you have a Phantom (as far as I know) the options are limited to the Vision cameras and the GoPros?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have a Phantom (as far as I know) the options are limited to the Vision cameras and the GoPros?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if using a gopro/vision camera you should bet on the software to create the panorama.
i´ve been using arcosft panorama maker for 5-6 years and i highly recommend it.
http://www.arcsoft.com/panorama-maker/

Attachments

• 02 Lachine Canal apr 30 (1) small.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 1,016
I wouldn't expect the gopro to be a good camera for panorama photos because of the fisheye lens distortion. Even with lens correction, you're really just getting a distortion of a distorted image. Better to start off with less distortion. It would seem to me you would be better off with the Pantom3 with the 90 degree lens which would give less distortion in the individual images and require less un-distortion to create a better panorama.

I have been seeing this Kodak SP360 camera popping up in a few forums lately and have thought of getting one to mount under the Phantom among other uses.
http://kodakpixpro.com/Americas/cameras/activeCam/sp360.php

A little creative cropping of screen shots from GoPro video can get you a reasonable panoramic picture.
Capture1.JPG

Some smartphones have the ability to take panorama photos. But if you want to get more professional experience, you can try Seitz 6X17 Digital Panoramic. Its read-out speed is 300 MB per second and exposure speed is 1/20’000 second. You can take the digital photo with a resolution of 21,250 pixels horizontally and 7,500 pixels vertically. Well, you can get reviews of other excellent panorama cameras at: 10 Panorama Cameras for Taking Awesome Panoramic Photos in 2019

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl