Besides polarpro, who else is scheduled to release some ND filters for the p4p?

Will the ND Filters really be needed on the new camera? I set my shutter and use F stop now to control the amount of light. I'd like to see a Polarizing but not sure ND needed?

Will the ND Filters really be needed on the new camera? I set my shutter and use F stop now to control the amount of light. I'd like to see a Polarizing but not sure ND needed?
Yea ..someone please explain that to me..
My experience with CPL filters is that they work when they are being flown on the right or left of the sun, so this limits the camera movement. Nd filters, from what I read on this forum, are somewhat still necessary on the p4p, but someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Reactions: bkushner
If you want the best picture quality, ND is still required for the brightest of days in order to keep the aperture open enough to avoid diffraction. A stop or two up an down should work, but you most likely won't want to shoot at f11 if you want the best IQ.

If you want the best picture quality, ND is still required for the brightest of days in order to keep the aperture open enough to avoid diffraction. A stop or two up an down should work, but you most likely won't want to shoot at f11 if you want the best IQ.
Thanks for the reply. Learning here...is there an across the board number as to how high you can go aperture wise?

Thanks for the reply. Learning here...is there an across the board number as to how high you can go aperture wise?
Sweet spot for this lens seems to be 5.6-8...still testing that but I have experienced a lot of CA (chromatic aberration or those magenta lines around objects) at f11
re: need for ND's: There's the "180 rule" to consider too...best practice is to have your shutter speed 2x the frame rate (fps) so maintaining that and staying away from the extreme ends of the f-stop range will call for ND's.
Then there's the "split ND" or graduated...this is a tremendous help when you're trying to balance the sky and earth exposures so you're not clipping the highlights...hoping someone will produce a full set of .3-.6-.9 in a neutral density...

Sweet spot for this lens seems to be 5.6-8...still testing that but I have experienced a lot of CA (chromatic aberration or those magenta lines around objects) at f11
re: need for ND's: There's the "180 rule" to consider too...best practice is to have your shutter speed 2x the frame rate (fps) so maintaining that and staying away from the extreme ends of the f-stop range will call for ND's.
Then there's the "split ND" or graduated...this is a tremendous help when you're trying to balance the sky and earth exposures so you're not clipping the highlights...hoping someone will produce a full set of .3-.6-.9 in a neutral density...
Thanks

ND really helps you get down to your desired shutter speed for cinematic look from your video. Let's you shoot in a more desirable aperture area as well. Like F5.0-8 Plus I think the coatings on these filters help with flare and color rendering too.

So are there any filters out yet and what are the release dates?

So are there any filters out yet and what are the release dates?
No. You can pre-order DJI or PolarPro filters. I have a list of them here.

Reactions: tml4191
Right everyone is. Today I was shooting manually and at F8 ISO100 shutter needed to be around 1/600 so yes I understand why I still need the ND filters.

Reactions: Zzz

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan