Beginner Question

Reaction score
I have a P2 with no gimbal or camera however am interested in tracking only the distance the P2 is from me at any given time. Is there an app or some hardware that is required to give me distance information? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The DJI app give you this information. I would _highly_ recommend that you read the manual and watch Youtube videos on flying the P2 before you attempt to 1) fly at all and 2) fly out of line of sight. Otherwise you won't have your P2 for long.

Thank you very much. I just received the P2 and plan to review everything you mentioned, thanks again.

Attach a GPS enabled mobile phone on the P2 and enable locations. Use find my phone or similar app and ping the location.

But then again, I suggest not to fly without FPV.. You can lose the phantom within seconds.

I have a P2 that started out as the base model, and without FPV and the iOSD I don't think I ever flew it more the 200m away from me. The Phantom can get quite small and hard to see the direction, and at those distances it's even hard to tell which way it was going. That being said it's also a good way to learn, as you are not over confident with all the tools. Also read the manual and learn everything including enabling the IOC mode in NAZA-M. Having the ability to change to Home lock or course lock is big when flying without FPV. This way you don't have to sent it to RTH. I would suggest also testing those functions in a controlled environment (lots of space and no people, distractions or buildings). That being said there is the iOSD from DJI but then you will need a transmitter, camera and monitor. That stuff all adds up, you could get a cheap monitor and cheap racing FPV camera but it's still going to run at least $250. Sadly there is no module that will send this info down to a mobile phone or tablet.

There has been so much misinformation here lately.
Please refrain from posting if you aren't sure of the answer or which model the OP is talking about. It makes new users very confused.

There is no app for the P2 Non-Vision. This model is not used with any mobile devices, apps, nor phone/tablet video.
If you want real-time flight information, you'll need an iOSD Mini to read the info, a 5.8GHz transmitter to send the info, and a way to receive and show that information, usually a monitor with built-in 5.8GHz receiver.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl