Beeping noise

Reaction score
Hi guys I have just replaced the shell on my p3p everything went well with no problems until I put battery in and started it up. It connects to the rc no problem and the camera and everything else seems fine. But I'm getting this really annoying loud alarm clock beeping noise that I can't stop. I'm at a loss with what else I can do now so any help or advice would be appreciated

Look at the LED on the front of the gimbal, is it red or green is it flashing, Is it solid. If it's solid red with the constant buzzing then according to the manual, it is a system error. is the gimbal also getting hot, if so power down fast as it will burn out your gimbal board.

Look at the LED on the front of the gimbal, is it red or green is it flashing, Is it solid. If it's solid red with the constant buzzing then according to the manual, it is a system error.
Hi no it starts off flashing then stays solid green

solid green is good but the buzzing is concerning. can you tell where its coming from gimbal motors/ main motors?

There is a small fan on top of the gimbal there is another one above the positioning system, I'm just wondering if one or both have crap in them, It couldn't be anything much as they are no at all powerful, just a thought and fairly easy to check. Normaly you can only just hear them running.

There is a small fan on top of the gimbal there is another one above the positioning system, I'm just wondering if one or both have crap in them, It couldn't be anything much as they are no at all powerful, just a thought and fairly easy to check. Normaly you can only just hear them running.
Yeah the one on the gimbal is fine and working. Can't say I've seen another

If remove the positioning sensor pod you will find the receiver module it is on the top side of that, just below the battery compartment.

Ok I will have a look now. Thanks. I've been online with dji for over 2 hours they haven't got a clue what it is

Got a video showing your Phantom being powered on so we can hear it?

You can upload it to YouTube or Dropbox and post a link back here.

your compass is bad or you're near magnetic interference
move the bird somewhere else and try to do the compass calibration

by the way, the beeping sound is coming from the gimbals motor which is normal
when something is not right with the compass or the battery or GPS

could it be when you did the shell replacement that you forgot to plug the compass in? :)
check that first, could be your simple solution.

easy to replace.
look at the leg where it is installed, there are two tiny phillips screws in there, take them out and you will see the compass in there.
it has a small amount of glue in it. just take it out.
take the top off and you will see the 4 wire cable from compass plugged in the main board. just get a new compass and replace it.
but if not, get a new compass and replace, if you managed to replace the whole shell this will be cake. ;)

Reactions: SuffolkD

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl