be carefull when hand landing (nsfw)

Damon said:
I hand catch every time, and I realize this is a debate that will never be won by either camp.....

Is it just me? Or does it seem somewhat strange to hand catch with left hand. Switching right hand to left stick to power down motors after catch...hmmm

That was my point. You really want to pluck it out of the air with your dominant hand. It's a bit more coordinated, by definition. Also... It's probably a bit easier to work the left stick with the left hand... :D

-slinger

Attachments

• Cooler.jpg
    Cooler.jpg
    719.1 KB · Views: 262
Man, I love this show. :lol:

Shouldn't the hands be clasped until the moment before grabbing the landing gear with both hands? :)

What does nsfw mean? Yep, I'm new.

I land most of the time without problem. Makes the flight ending look better. Sandy, too much wind came up, hand grab. With so many videos of the way many land, they would be better off if they did had grab. So many slam the quad into the ground, that I have watched. For the hand grabbers I have a solution to prevent a scratch: Just take your right hand leather glove with you when you fly. Those cheap(not in cost)DJI props are not going to do any damage to your hand or glove. Just be sure it is in your pocket so you can get to it.

I capture mine with a butterfly net.

CallMeAlan said:
In addition to the question in my signature - why would anyone want to grab a dangerous weapon out of the air when it's perfectly capable of landing on the ground?? Never understood that.
Where I often fly, there is no reasonably flat, level place to land. Hand catching is the only option. It is difficult to balance the bird well enough for launching.

Attachments

• PillowRock.jpg
    PillowRock.jpg
    489.1 KB · Views: 271
syotr said:
CallMeAlan said:
In addition to the question in my signature - why would anyone want to grab a dangerous weapon out of the air when it's perfectly capable of landing on the ground?? Never understood that.
Where I often fly, there is no reasonably flat, level place to land. Hand catching is the only option. It is difficult to balance the bird well enough for launching.

I see at least five places to land a Phantom in that picture... if you're steady on the controller :)

queue said:
syotr said:
CallMeAlan said:

I see at least five places to land a Phantom in that picture... if you're steady on the controller :)
But if you miss, it's going down river in a class 5 rapid :eek:

no prop guards.
never had used them, i've read about them and they have a bad reputation.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl