Be careful when registering

Reaction score
Make sure your on the FAAdronezone.gov and not some site that want to register for you. Cost me $49.99 instead of the $5.00 that the FAA charges.

Any site other than a ‘.gov’ suffix is a 3rd party... ahem... service provider.

There are other similar sites.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Yep,, I grabbed the first one that popped up after I googled drone register

Yea. It’s been reported a few times. Lesson learned, Move on, and enjoy drone-ing!

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
For those just now coming on board and thinking about registration here are the "current" links:

FAA to learn more about sUAS/Drone Registration

FAA's DroneZone where you actually go to register your sUAS/Drone

Currently sUAS/Drone registration is only $5 (Commercial or Hobby) per registration. If you paid or are paying more you are going through a 3rd party site and "maybe" getting some extra goodies to help justify the price. This could include stickers, name tags and more. While their marketing strategy (I say that with tongue in cheek) is deceptive it's not illegal and you are getting registered albeit for a few dollars more.

Another thing......I registered before I got my 107. Recreational. When I registered the first time I was told within a given time, I can’t recall, I could change it, no cost. I called back for the CHANGE OVER and was told no. I had to re-register as 107/Commercial. So now I have two regs for the same bird. HA! Only use the 107 reg.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michello