BBC uses Phantom for CrossRail tunnel footage

With the money the bbc's got I'm surprised they used a phantom, Although I suppose it's more disposable considering the chances of crashing in the right spaces they were filming in

Awesome video but I have a question... On the top left of his display it shows 4K-PT which I assume is the GoPro setting - How does the iOSD retrieve the GoPro settings? Is there a data link between the iOSD and the GoPro? I'm a V+ owner looking into my upgrade options :)

rmhome said:
Awesome video but I have a question... On the top left of his display it shows 4K-PT which I assume is the GoPro setting - How does the iOSD retrieve the GoPro settings? Is there a data link between the iOSD and the GoPro? I'm a V+ owner looking into my upgrade options :)

I'm also a Vision+ user looking for an upgrade.
There is a mini-USB that plugs in the GoPro video out, gets routed to iOSD for telemetry and then to the Video TX. So yes, there is a link between the two.

rmhome said:
on the GoPro you can make it display its own OSD (on screen display) which will impose the camera's settings onto the picture. That info is only sent out via the usb & won't appear on the sd card video. Alot of people turn it off as it clashes with the isod's display

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl