Battery management

Reaction score
Hey guys, P2V+ owner here with 3 currently used battery and one unopened. My question is regarding the method you use to "manage" the life of your batteries.

I'm trying to cycle them in an order so I use them at the same rate, that's pretty basic stuff there. What I am most concerned about is the fact that we should keep them at 50%. I think I might be a little too psycho about that. I keep them at 50% all the time but the problem is when I need to go for a quick flight after work, well you guess; i only get half my flight time. So now I am at a point where I'm watching weather in advance and checking whether I should charge one or two battery the day before so I am ready for the next day.

I'm I too paranoid with this 50% thing or am I doing the right thing? Any other tips about how you manage your batteries? Sometimes when I want a quick flight and I didn't think about fully charging my battery I'm wondering if it does any harm to it to fly it when it's only 50% charged. I mean, half charging a battery may not be that good right?

Thanks

Nope, not paranoid. Storing them at full charge (or fully depleted) for longer than a week, maybe two, will definitely start to affect the lifespan of the battery. Particularly if you do so repeatedly.

I think you're doing it right. Though, if you stored them a tad higher than 50%... say 60% (with a P2V+, that's pretty easy to guess at about 2 solid bar plus one more flashing), it should only take 15-20 minutes to top it off to 100%. I'll usually do this when I get home from work, and just have it charge while I take it a quick snack, and then it's ready to go.

so just so im clear , as i just ordered my P2V+ for delivery TOMORROW :) How many cycles are we talking about degrading here?

For me, yes, its an investment in batteries, but if i get 100 charges out of a new battery stored the proper way, as stated above. could i expect 70 if i discharge it fully or store it fully charged? Seems to me at some point its more of a PITA :)

thoughts?

Re: BATTERY ISSUES (Early Autoland)??? POST HERE

Hi; getting to travel overseas here on a long flight with a couple of batteries (p2) in checked in luggage. Shall I completely discharge them before I put them into the luggage (total trip might be about 24 hours.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl