Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Professional Battery Issues / Phantom 3 won't power down

Discussion in 'Phantom 3 Help' started by Khyber, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Khyber

Previous owner of an original Phantom and Phantom Vision. Picked up a Phantom 3 (Pro) today, but when I insert the battery the Phantom 3 powers up immediately, without even turning it on. It will not power-off. The battery will be off when its inserted into the phantom, but it just powers up and will not power off. Practically like the Energizer bunny. Yes, I waited roughly 10min or more and it doesn't power down. I updated the firmware, same thing. Put the battery on the charger, doesn't want to charge, unless I power the battery on.

I don't get any battery error messages until I power-down the Phantom 3. I'm leaning towards defective battery.

This one issue has put a whole buzz-kill on my Phantom 3 experience. I'm more concerned with this issue coming up mid-flight and causing an incident.

Any ideas? Frustrating. After all these years its sad that DJI still hasn't solved the battery issues.

2. C0ps

If you just picked it up today why try to solve the problem? Just return it and get it exchanged.

3. Khyber

I already requested an RMA from B&H. In the mean time I want to see if I can find a solution.

4. C0ps

After one day they won't do a refund?

5. Khyber

I never said they wouldn't do a refund. I requested a return and just waiting for them to get back to me with a RMA number so I can ship it back to them. While I am waiting for them to send me an RMA number I just want to see if I can find a solution to the problem.

6. Khyber

Update: Got another Phantom 3 battery from a buddy, put it in my Phantom 3 and it works just fine now. Turns on and off like it should have. The originally battery was bad. First flight was a success.

7. C0ps