Battery health

Reaction score
I noticed after 11 charges my battery is now 99 percent health. What does this mean really? And is it anything to worry about?

I think it's more of a lifetime indicator, than a health indicator, I've got a 50 use battery that's somewhere in the 80% - 90%, it's just fine, the battery will eventually expire, it's an expensive expendable item.

I think it's more of a lifetime indicator, than a health indicator, I've got a 50 use battery that's somewhere in the 80% - 90%, it's just fine, the battery will eventually expire, it's an expensive expendable item.
Ok that makes sense. Thanks. What percent should I trash the battery to be on the safe side?

I have 4 batteries in total, and I was referring to the oldest, so I don't know, there may be other posts. I seem to recollect reading that that the DJI app won't let you fly when it's at 0%, maybe 300 uses? Do check that the cells have an equal voltage from time to time, and deep cycle them now and again too.

Reactions: KingDad1985
I have 4 batteries in total, and I was referring to the oldest, so I don't know, there may be other posts. I seem to recollect reading that that the DJI app won't let you fly when it's at 0%, maybe 300 uses?
That makes sense. I was worried I might of hurt the battery some how. But thanks for the peace of mind and happy flying!

I hope the calculations are linear, on one battery I have 42 charges and 96% life. I try not to go under 20%, I never drop them down to store if I don't use them in the 10 days to power deduction auto store. If they are full power I usually can get a flight in the 10 days weather permitting. After a flight and a full cool down I charge with the dji multi charger to the storage setting, the fly day I charge 100%, if I don't use all my batteries, I do not drop them down to 50% if I think I will use them in the next week. The amount of power a battery can supply in it's life time is finite. If you keep on discharging them to 50% every time because you don't use them in a week or so you are only reducing their life. If I pass 10 days I will try to fly them to 40% and do a storage charge.

Last edited:
These batteries give long life, will last you long if you maintain them well. If at any point of time you see that after fully charging their capacity has fallen by say 10%, it is time to follow a deep discharge cycle. You will be surprised that batteries recover lost capacity.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Go app will tell you % and voltage and a few other things. Healthydrones.com will tell you more about your batteries.

Go app will tell you % and voltage and a few other things. Healthydrones.com will tell you more about your batteries.
Yes I just started using healthy drones with a 2.99 monthly subscription to get wind data but I'm pretty sure most of it is free?

I have 4 batteries in total, and I was referring to the oldest, so I don't know, there may be other posts. I seem to recollect reading that that the DJI app won't let you fly when it's at 0%, maybe 300 uses? Do check that the cells have an equal voltage from time to time, and deep cycle them now and again too.
"Deep cycle"?

Yes I just started using healthy drones with a 2.99 monthly subscription to get wind data but I'm pretty sure most of it is free?
I'm still on the free limited data and logs I can upload, I still think that dji should include than type of software with their products. And as far as deep cycle of the battery, someone correct me if I'm off but I think it's at every 20 charges to bring do 8%.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl