Battery full but won't arm

Reaction score
Hi

One of my batteries shows a full charge according to the Led's but the P2 won't arm and the readout in the goggles shows 0.0V 0%.

I know the charge is there as it has been powering just the video tx and camera for over 3 hours.

My other batteries are fine

Any suggestions?

Hi

One of my batteries shows a full charge according to the Led's but the P2 won't arm and the readout in the goggles shows 0.0V 0%.

I know the charge is there as it has been powering just the video tx and camera for over 3 hours.

My other batteries are fine

Any suggestions?

Have you taken the time to check the battery in the P2's software? Only takes a few minutes to check the batteries condition.
Battery info.jpg

Must confess I hadn't Jason, just tried and I get the error as in your screenshot. This is a genuine battery not a Chinese copy, purchased from a UK reseller I've been using it for a while with no issues. It looks identical in every way to my other two which are all recognised.

Did some more searching, cleaned the two contacts on the battery and the quad and it's now recognised.

thanks

Last edited:
Must confess I hadn't Jason, just tried and I get the error as in your screenshot. This is a genuine battery not a Chinese copy, purchased from a UK reseller I've been using it for a while with no issues. It looks identical in every way to my other two which are all recognised.

Did some more searching, cleaned the two contacts on the battery and the quad and it's now recognised.

thanks

Now you know what happens when those copper pads are dirty or not making contact with the spring loaded info pins. Bet you'll check them from now on.

Last edited:
I am having a problem that I think is battery related. The battery is recognized by the software and powers up my P2 but moments after I take off the LED lights on the P2 go red and it auto lands even with as much as 70 - 80 pct charge left. I cycled the battery by discharging down to 7% and recharging back to 100%. No change. I have the latest firmware updates. I only have one battery because I don't fly very often. I am reluctant to buy a new battery as a means to troubleshoot since they are so expensive. My P2 is configured with the Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal, Mini OSD, and AVI 5.8 xmtr. Here are the screen shots from the PT2 software.

ScreenHunter_27 Mar. 04 11.16.jpg
ScreenHunter_26 Mar. 04 11.16.jpg

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I am having a problem that I think is battery related. The battery is recognized by the software and powers up my P2 but moments after I take off the LED lights on the P2 go red and it auto lands even with as much as 70 - 80 pct charge left. I cycled the battery by discharging down to 7% and recharging back to 100%. No change. I have the latest firmware updates. I only have one battery because I don't fly very often. I am reluctant to buy a new battery as a means to troubleshoot since they are so expensive. My P2 is configured with the Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal, Mini OSD, and AVI 5.8 xmtr. Here are the screen shots from the PT2 software.

View attachment 45991 View attachment 45992

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

From what I see this is a fairly new battery but from the battery screenshot it doesn't appear that you haven't discharged the battery for storage when not flying for a while. Would I be correct in that assumption? This your screenshot.
Your Screenshot.jpg
Those current capacities are not great and more then likely the cause of auto landing early. I am not a big fan of the low battery level either as that function is the same failsafe and you could be under something when triggered.

Here are two of my battery screenshots notice the difference between yours and mine.
Battery #6.jpg

Battery #7.jpg

Battery prices have come down for OEM so check this out.

DJI Phantom 2 Quadcopter Battery CP.PT.000090 B&H Photo Video New

Used | B&H Photo Video Used prices

From what I see this is a fairly new battery but from the battery screenshot it doesn't appear that you haven't discharged the battery for storage when not flying for a while. Would I be correct in that assumption? This your screenshot.
View attachment 46000Those current capacities are not great and more then likely the cause of auto landing early. I am not a big fan of the low battery level either as that function is the same failsafe and you could be under something when triggered.

Here are two of my battery screenshots notice the difference between yours and mine.
View attachment 46004
View attachment 46003
Battery prices have come down for OEM so check this out.

DJI Phantom 2 Quadcopter Battery CP.PT.000090 B&H Photo Video New

Used | B&H Photo Video Used prices

Hi Jason

Thanks for the reply. When you mention that the current capacities are not great are you referring to the design capacity vs the full capacity? I notice that your full capacities are both higher than the design capacity.

You are correct that I left the battery fully charged for quite a while (about 9 months). It was not until I started having this issue that I learned that was a no-no. Do you think the battery has been reduced to a paper weight?

Hi Jason

Thanks for the reply. When you mention that the current capacities are not great are you referring to the design capacity vs the full capacity? I notice that your full capacities are both higher than the design capacity.

You are correct that I left the battery fully charged for quite a while (about 9 months). It was not until I started having this issue that I learned that was a no-no. Do you think the battery has been reduced to a paper weight?

I was referring to the full capacity to the current capacity for the number times it was cycled and the reason for the early landing.

Yes it's time to replace the battery and as you have learnt if you do not intend use the quad for awhile discharge it to 50% for storage. Here is an item you can use to safely discharge P2 batteries for storage.
I was referring to the full capacity to the current capacity for the number times it was cycled and the reason for the early landing.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl