Battery Drains without use?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm new to the Phantom and I wanted to know if the batteries drain without been used. I charged my batteries on sunday and tried yesterday to use one, before even taking off the red light was already blinking.

I have my doubt's now if I really charged that battery :roll: , is it normal? batteries discharge that fast without been used (3 days)?

How do you manage your batteries? I wish I had a charger that can charge multiple batteries at the same time :( (not easy to get one of those in Argentina, where I'm from)

Thanks in advance!!

I'm loving the Phantom and this forum :D!!!

nperic said:
Hi guys,

I'm new to the Phantom and I wanted to know if the batteries drain without been used. I charged my batteries on sunday and tried yesterday to use one, before even taking off the red light was already blinking.

I have my doubt's now if I really charged that battery :roll: , is it normal? batteries discharge that fast without been used (3 days)?

How do you manage your batteries? I wish I had a charger that can charge multiple batteries at the same time :( (not easy to get one of those in Argentina, where I'm from)

Thanks in advance!!

I'm loving the Phantom and this forum :D!!!

Hmm. That doesnt seem right. I have not used mine in over a week and they were fully charged. I understand you should take them down to 50% if you dont use them but have had no issues with battery drain.

E

edunwody said:
Hmm. That doesnt seem right. I have not used mine in over a week and they were fully charged. I understand you should take them down to 50% if you dont use them but have had no issues with battery drain.
E

Thanks for your reply, may be I forget to charge that particular battery. Just wanted to know if that could happen.

Now I know that I can charge my batteries during the week and used them in the weekend!!

good luck

You shouldn't leave your LiPos charged for more than a few days at most. Otherwise they will degrade quite quickly. Your best bet is to store them at 3.8 volts and charge them less than 24-48 hours before you will be using them. Then after you discharge them bring them back up to 3.8 volts for storage. You'll need a better charger than the stock one. Any LiPo charger that has a storage mode feature should work for this purpose.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl