Battery connection corrosion

Reaction score
Is anyone having problems with corrosion or bad contacts on their P3? I had to regularly clean the contacts on my P2V+, but I haven't heard anything on cleaning the contacts on the P3 series. What do you guys do?

never have touched them on all my phantoms never had a problem

Reactions: Falcon900
I have never seen actual corrosion but I have noticed that the contracts do definitely get dirty. I can see the dirt come off when I clean them. So I clean the contacts on the AC periodically with contact cleaner and a cue tip, and then lube them with a drop of deoxit gold. Then I shove the batteries in and out 3x hoping this will lube the contacts in the battery because I don't have a tool to get in there on the battery side. I also clean and lube the data contacts that go with the battery, on both the battery and the AC.

But OTOH, I don't have a P3...

I've never payed them any attention. Nor considered cleaning them.
I do need some contact cleaner though.

RedHotPoker

I've never payed them any attention. Nor considered cleaning them.
I do need some contact cleaner though.
RedHotPoker

Hey Red
I've been using Deoxit since I heard about it on this forum last year. If you use it's applicator brush and not a QTip it will probably outlast us (me anyway).
Amazon has it.

IMG_1001 (640x640).jpg

Last edited:
Hey Red
I've been using Deoxit since I heard about it on this forum last year. If you use it's applicator brush and not a QTip it will probably outlast us (me anyway).
Amazon has it.

View attachment 65407
I also need some contact cleaner in aerosol form, for an old analog Marantz 2325 stereo receiver. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Just to be clear, deoxit D100 and deoxit gold are two different products. The deoxit name has a number of different products. For example, deoxit D100 is a cleaner of metal contacts. Deoxit gold is a conditioner of metal contacts. They are all very highly rated in reviews.

If I had a nickel for every pot I sprayed, I'd have a pocket full of change.
Probably some old Buffalo nickels in there.. Haha
Or were those Bison? ;-)

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Dounin Front
I use Deoxit products, mainly Deoxit Gold. Its cheap and last a long time. I use it on all contacts from remote controls, SD cards, to my Phantom batteries.

Reactions: Mark The Droner

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl