Battery charging time

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed in the Quick Start Guide that was posted elsewhere in another thread, it says battery charging time is 1 hour and 20 min? That is significantly longer than the P4 charging time.

The mavic charger is only 50w but they say that an adapter for the hub will be availabe soon so you can use a P4 charger, which is 100w ... which should (in theory) half the charging time.

I was curious about this as well. Here's what I pulled from the Mavic FAQ:

What is a Battery Charging Hub? What is the difference between the two versions of the Mavic’s Charging Hub?
The two Charging Hubs can both charge up to 4 batteries at one time. In order to fully charge the first battery as quickly as possible, the Intelligent Flight Batteries are charged in sequence according to their power levels, from high to low. This gives you the fastest way of getting all your batteries fully charged.
There are two main differences between the two Charging Hubs. First, the standard Charging Hub only supports the Mavic’s 50W Battery Charger and Mavic Car Charger, while the advanced version also supports the 100W Battery Charger and Car Charger from the Phantom 4. Second, the advanced version will balance the voltage of each battery cell to improve charging efficiency. When one battery’s charging enters the second-half of its charging phase, the next battery will enter the first-half of its charging phase. With 4 batteries all at 15%, the advanced charger can get 4 batteries fully charged in 140 minutes using the Phantom 4’s 100W charger, while the standard version will need 270 minutes with the Mavic’s 50W charger.

That being said, I'm guessing there's an 'advanced' Mavic battery charger in the works somewhere in the future. Or is it saying the charger from the P4 will work? I think I haven't had enough coffee yet to sort this out. Appreciate any clarification from the masses.

I'm guessing there's an 'advanced' Mavic battery charger in the works somewhere in the future
The FAQ is referring to the Advanced version of the Mavic battery charging hub (which isn't out yet).

is it saying the charger from the P4 will work?
It's saying you'll need to use the P4 battery charger along with the Advanced Mavic battery charging hub. If the connector is the same, then you could hook up the P4 battery charger directly to the Mavic battery. I think it's the same connector, but I haven't seen anyone from DJI confirm/deny that yet.

Isnt that hub the one you get with the Fly More package?

The FAQ is referring to the Advanced version of the Mavic battery charging hub (which isn't out yet).

It's saying you'll need to use the P4 battery charger along with the Advanced Mavic battery charging hub. If the connector is the same, then you could hook up the P4 battery charger directly to the Mavic battery. I think it's the same connector, but I haven't seen anyone from DJI confirm/deny that yet.

I get that the advanced hub isn't out yet. I'm wondering if it's going to require me to buy the P4 battery charger in order to benefit from the 100W charger vs. the 50W charger that will come with the Mavic.

I get that the advanced hub isn't out yet. I'm wondering if it's going to require me to buy the P4 battery charger in order to benefit from the 100W charger vs. the 50W charger that will come with the Mavic.
The Mavic battery charger is only able to charge at 50W. So, yes, you will need to buy a new battery charger.

Does anyone know the exact dimensions of the battery?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl