Batteries

Reaction score
Hello.
My name is Paul and I posted not long ago about about updating my drone as it had not been out of the box from new in 2016.
Thanks for the help received.
I have a new problem though! So I have finally decided to get it all up and ready, and started by charging the batteries, one charged with no problems, however the 2nd one just has one light blinking and that’s after 2 hours. Given the bad reviews I’ve read of the batteries for the 4 in general would it be prudent to buy two more new ones? And this brings me on to the next issue, would it be best ( if it can be done) to change the controller battery? And how could ( if possible) this be achieved !
I take it that being just over 2 years where it has not yet had a maiden flight has damaged these rechargeable batteries and want to be sure I have no hiccups on flight day( to be arranged) that could lose me my aircraft.
Ps, given that it has been in the box for this past 2 years, can anyone give this novice some sound advise on how to check all that needs to be checked and how, and also I have not updated the craft yet in regards to the updates.
Thank you everyone for any valuable assistance.
My best wishes, synergy1, Paul.

I'm not aware of any bad reviews of the P4 battery as far as its reliability as a typical LiPo battery goes. Yes the long storage without even a first full charge may have hurt them, including the RC battery altho it's likely fine. You can search the 1 light issue on the battery that isnt charging and see what comes up. As far as checks go, the batteries and props are the main concern. The AC itself will be just fine as its never been flown. As far as FW updates go, there are mixed opinions on whether you should do them or not so search that and decide for yourself. I own Phantom3 Pro and it's fully updated and I have no issues at all. Some have issues after updating tho...

Rc battery's from here,,yes easy to open rc and change,most batt very small in remote but has big space inside for it,,probly sec batt with one light gone bad from sitting,it's good it got life in it ,,hard to comment if it will fully charge because of time limit,,I would have thought hybination mode ,,,also before you do any updates they are optional so if everything is working ok it's up to you if update or not,,,updating just gives us new prompts and couple new options but some do have trouble after updating, mine keeps up to date now and still works good p4 and p3s
Screenshot_20181025-125111.jpg
Screenshot_20181025-125130.jpg

What happens when you attempt to charge your remote? If you are unable to charge it all, there may be an issue with the battery as a result of sitting so long, but if it charges normally and you simply are inquiring about replacing its battery as a precaution, I would advise against this. It appears that the majority of charging issues with the P4 remote are not battery issues, but an issue with the remote itself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga