BATTERIES

Reaction score
I see that many suppliers are out of batteries. Horizon hobby has 30c batteries that work fine in big 3D helicopters. They should work in the Phantom. Does anyone disagree?

All you have to do is look at the size of stock Phantom battery. Look around and find one with similar specs, it doesn't have to say DJI or Phantom on it. Just get a quality 3S 2200mah. Make sure it has the XT60 connectors or you'll have to buy an adapter. There is another thread here on aftermarket batteries.

I recently purchased the Century "compatible battery for the Phantom. It arrived but it just doesn't fit like the stock battery. It's slightly taller or wider, depends on how you want to look it. I'm not able to push in the excess battery wire so i can close the battery door. For me this is a total fail. $20 out the window.....oh well. Luckily I found a website that had the actual stock lipo, so I bought 2 additional batteries. Pricey but what do you expect if you want to have fun right away, again and again. :lol:

FangsCPO said:
I recently purchased the Century "compatible battery for the Phantom. It arrived but it just doesn't fit like the stock battery. It's slightly taller or wider, depends on how you want to look it. I'm not able to push in the excess battery wire so i can close the battery door. For me this is a total fail. $20 out the window.....oh well. Luckily I found a website that had the actual stock lipo, so I bought 2 additional batteries. Pricey but what do you expect if you want to have fun right away, again and again. :lol:

Very few of the alternative batteries fit as easily as the original Phantom battery, but they DO.

I have one of the Century batteries and have been flying fine with it for a few months now, it actually fits a bit better than the Turnigy (HobbyKing) batteries I recently got. It's just a bit more of a pain to stuff the wires into it, but it fits.
if only DJI had made the battery compartment a tiny bit bigger!@

ironically, the these two online stores are one in the same, . same battery, different price (one being shown in stock, the other is a mystery)
http://www.centuryheli.com/products/pro ... nm=CNE5519

http://www.heli-world.com/detail.aspx?ID=11064

Gizmo3000 said:
FangsCPO said:

Very few of the alternative batteries fit as easily as the original Phantom battery, but they DO.

I have one of the Century batteries and have been flying fine with it for a few months now, it actually fits a bit better than the Turnigy (HobbyKing) batteries I recently got. It's just a bit more of a pain to stuff the wires into it, but it fits.
if only DJI had made the battery compartment a tiny bit bigger!@

ironically, the these two online stores are one in the same, . same battery, different price (one being shown in stock, the other is a mystery)
http://www.centuryheli.com/products/pro ... nm=CNE5519

http://www.heli-world.com/detail.aspx?ID=11064

Good to know. I'll give it a try again later.......for now, I have two stock batteries in route.

FangsCPO said:
Good to know. I'll give it a try again later.......for now, I have two stock batteries in route.

One can never have too many Lipo's!
(I started with two, Phantom and Century),.and now up to 5. (two more turnigy's and an additional Phantom OEM)

The Phantom batteries do fit really nicely, whereas the other batteries can really be a cram. (like packing an overpacked suitcase)
Just make sure your battery door closes firmly, as you don't want it popping off mid-flight.

I got a ZDP Power 2200mAh 20C that's worked out pretty well. They have thick cables too, but are much more flexible than my Turnigy...

I liked the ZDP so much that I got a "sport" model to mess around with... It's a 1500mAh 25C, is quite a bit smaller than the others and weighs in at 133g, compared to 175g for the 2200. It's got a shorter flight time of course, but the other benefits make it worthwhile. It was a LOT cheaper too!

I also got the Century batteries, 4 qty, and yes it is a bit of a pain stuffing the wires in, but it works.
My thinking is that the tighter it is, the more stable it will be.

I'm about to try out the Thunder Power 2700 mAh battery. I soldered the XT60 connector on the wires. The balance connector is different. I'm waiting for an adapter for it. It fits snug as a bug in a rug. It weighs 14 grams more than the Phantom battery. I hope to get a couple more minutes per flight out of it.

Attachments

• tp2700a.jpg
    tp2700a.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 1,592
  • tp2700b.jpg
    tp2700b.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 1,562
Hi guys, I have mentioned this in several area's and it still comes up about getting batteries. Go to MotionRC.com and get there 2200 battery. I know they work great, they fit, they are in stock, and try to beat the price. The only thing is they come with Deans T connectors. I use these all the time in my Phantom.

kwolters said:
Hi guys, I have mentioned this in several area's and it still comes up about getting batteries. Go to MotionRC.com and get there 2200 battery. I know they work great, they fit, they are in stock, and try to beat the price. The only thing is they come with Deans T connectors. I use these all the time in my Phantom.

Thanks for the heads up on motion rc. Size looks great and they are 30c. Price is good too, can't find anywhere that has them in stock the right size except here. Ordered 7 as they will work in my heli's too. Thanks again, Gary Howe Deans no problem get adapters from HK real cheap !

Hi Guys, If you need batteries for your phantom Motion RC has got them, They are 30c, and actually about the same size or a little bit smaller than the Phantom battery. Great service, I ordered mine on Fri. Got them this mornimg, Mon. They are veterans also,give them a try.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl