BATTERIES

Reaction score
HI ALL
A NEWBIE ON HERE BUT NOT TO FLYING JUST BOUGHT A P4 CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT THE HONEST RUNTIME APPROX FOR A FULLY CHARGED BATTERIES ??
ANY TIPS WOULD BE GOOD
CHEERS ROGER

For the first 10 times you fly your drone with each battery you should only discharge each to 50% It will make them last a lot longer

For me about 17 to 20 minutes with 20% battery left, cruising around 30mph, distance traveled 30,000 to 40,000 feet.

To warm the batteries put them up your jumper and keep the next one in a pocket near your skin. It's the fastest way I have found!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

For the first 10 times you fly your drone with each battery you should only discharge each to 50% It will make them last a lot longer
Where did that bit of information come from, I have never heard it mentioned before. Can you quote a source or is it from personal experience and does it apply to all Lithium chemistry batteries or just the DJI LiPo.

Reactions: konidair
HI ALL
A NEWBIE ON HERE BUT NOT TO FLYING JUST BOUGHT A P4 CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT THE HONEST RUNTIME APPROX FOR A FULLY CHARGED BATTERIES ??
ANY TIPS WOULD BE GOOD
CHEERS ROGER
13.3 km 24%left battery.... tapfly about of 80%of flyght

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-02-06-11-13-43.png
    Screenshot_2017-02-06-11-13-43.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 266
Where did that bit of information come from, I have never heard it mentioned before. Can you quote a source or is it from personal experience and does it apply to all Lithium chemistry batteries or just the DJI LiPo.

I've seen a YT video on battery "training". He said 10 cycles of 50% battery will train them to not "leak" voltage too fast. But I'm not sure if it's all that important. I am doing the cycles with my 3 batteries though to see if it helps.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Often mentioned advice with questionable merit. I applied this with 2 out of 6 phantom batteries. The others I flew like I stole them straight out of the box from first charge. The two best packs (all with 60 plus cycles) aren't the two that got the special treatment (based on lowest recorded initial capacity, cell voltage balance and flight time).

Reactions: konidair

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl