Batteries in Canada

Reaction score
Hello all.
Just got my P1.1.1 going again after a 2 yr iatus.
Anyways, I now have only 1 working battery, and can't seem to get any batteries shipped to Canada.
I'd love to try a 2700 Mah battery if I can get one delivered to me.
If there are any Canadians out here who could help me with this please let me know where I can buy.
Thanks to all.

Got a Turnigy 2.2 that sat for 2 yrs, still seems to be working.
The other Turnigy was in the crash, 1 of 3 cellls not charging.
The DJI battery just won't take a full charge.

After reading someone else's post, I put the dji battery on a 12v dc car auto battery charger, for ~3 min, and BOOM! Up to 12.7v, seems like it's going to work again.
( Guess saying BOOM wasn't the best choice of words, eh?)

After reading someone else's post, I put the dji battery on a 12v dc car auto battery charger, for ~3 min, and BOOM! Up to 12.7v, seems like it's going to work again.
( Guess saying BOOM wasn't the best choice of words, eh?)

I am using with satisfaction the Blackmagic 2700 and 3000mah, available on Banggood and Gearbest, but (you are right) if I try to ship to Canada the system does not allow the purchase. Try the item on Amazon or E-bay and see if you can get some results.
About the way you recharged the old one, be carefull! What you have done is a shoking(and dangerous) procedure and you have slightly overloaded your battery pack(in principle the fully charged 3S battery pack should give 12.6 VDC): the overload of 0.1 / 0.2 V/cell on a Lipo seriously risks the flame or explosion. In addition the Lipo need a proper procedure (constant current for most of the charge, but constant voltage with cell balance at the end) that a normal lead car battery charger can perform.
Hovever sometimes a one shot shoking procedure can work: I suggest you not to make this procedure your standard lipo charging procedure.

gianni_BT, I appreciate your comments and concern. On some other post about this, i mention that the battery got slightly warm in that short period of time, so i was quite aware of the danger. I actually hooked the whole thing up, then stood behind the wall to plug it in.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

gianni_BT, I appreciate your comments and concern. On some other post about this, i mention that the battery got slightly warm in that short period of time, so i was quite aware of the danger. I actually hooked the whole thing up, then stood behind the wall to plug it in.

Ok: it was just a warning.
To understand if the shoking procedure got the result, it is not sufficient to monitor the final voltage.
First you should check if the cells are balanced: you can measure the voltage of the different cells on the battery pack balance connector.
Then, if the balance is not crazy, you will get the final answer when you try your next flyght.
In fact it is possible that the voltage is OK, the balance is also OK, but the battery pack internal resistance is so high that, as soon as you try to take off, the battery voltage immediately drops to a Low Voltage condition or even does not give you enough power to take off. Anyway I suggest that you perform the first flight just hovering at 1 or 2 mt height and measure the time before you get the first red LED low voltage warning:this will be usefull for the next flights to safely come back to the home position.

Thanks for all the useful info.
I've been out of the game for a couple years, so I've forgotten more than I remember.
Good pointers. [emoji106]

You're right, gianni. The battery doesn't last at all. Barely get the bird off the ground, and the red light comes on and she comes down quick and hard.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan