Batteries are toast?

E_T

Reaction score
Unfortunately, after my first flight in over year, I discovered that two of my three batteries are puffy. I can press the side in, and they are squishy. The other battery feels solid.

So...I'm assuming I should just trash them and not risk problems. Also, how do I dispose of them? Shouldn't just throw in the trash, right?

Hardware stores like Lowes and Home Depot have battery disposal bins in them where contractors take their old batteries. I take my old ni-cads there too. Your local city or county disposal yard may have some hazmat barrels for batteries too.

I have an awful Samsung S6 phone where it needs a battery case to keep it running throughout the day due to its poor battery life due to problem software like GO 4 auto-launching itself at times calling home to China or wherever, etc. The thin battery case (Mophie) has a Li-Po built into it and it swelled up and pushed the phone out of the case. Took me a while to figure out why the phone wouldn't stay in the case after just 15 months of ownership, but the battery bulge told all.

Thanks, I will try the local Lowes. Sucks to have to trash them, but probably the safest thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctlfreak