Basic maintenance ......

I have a question. On most mulit-engine birds the engines are numbered. I, 2, 3, etc... I saw a reference to engine positioning and numbers, but no definition. Usually it is Pilot inside left is #1, Pilot inside right is #2, with outside left as #3, and outside right #4. Is there a sequence to the P3? and do you know what it is? Thanks in advance.

FWIW: With the Naza based FC, on an 'X' quad, the motor numbers are: Right front is #1, then CCW from there ending with Right rear #4.

Check sensors for true wind vs. apparent wind measurement accuracy

Agreed. I don't use Hover anymore because it only shows you wind speed at ground level. I use UAV Forecast and set it to 400ft. This tells you speed at height. Hover tells you its good to fly when its really not. Wind is your worst enemy besides trees. Most 'fly aways' are from too much wind. This is also why I have a trackimo GPS tracker onboard. I need a second chance.

Walmart offers a 36 point inspection, cleaning, and oil change for only $19.95. Highly recommend doing this every few months. LOL.

Only 5400 feet, but I have a lot of upside in my bag of tricks. My goal is to beat Dirk (8800 feet).

Yeah the windsurfer is pretty cool. I made one. I tested it with an EMF meter and it makes quite a difference. Right now it's attached to my router :p
I'm interested in what your mod looks like. I have a cheap windsurfer from Amazon and I went 6500 and still had video, but got nervous and came home.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Only 5400 feet, but I have a lot of upside in my bag of tricks. My goal is to beat Dirk (8800 feet).

Yeah the windsurfer is pretty cool. I made one. I tested it with an EMF meter and it makes quite a difference. Right now it's attached to my router :p

Are we talking 8800' distance unmodded, because I can easily get 10,000' without problems on my unmodded P3A.

On my Phantom 2 Vision Plus, I use synthetic gun oil after every 10 flights on the motor bearings. Haven't had problems.

My P3A is too new and the bearings are much larger, so it'll take a long while before I lube them, if ever.

Attachments

• IMG_1355.PNG
    IMG_1355.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 371
Last edited:
I have a P2v and this is the P3 forum, so I'm not sure what benefit my mod is to y'all. The stock distance on the P2V is only 500 meters.

On my Phantom 2 Vision Plus, I use synthetic gun oil after every 10 flights on the motor bearings. Haven't had problems.

My P3A is too new and the bearings are much larger, so it'll take a long while before I lube them, if ever.
Wow. This is the first I've ever heard of lubing the motor bearings.

FWIW: With the Naza based FC, on an 'X' quad, the motor numbers are: Right front is #1, then CCW from there ending with Right rear #4.
Thanks, I have made a note of that. Will keep it that way until I can verify that the P# is the same or that it is an industry standard.

I have a P2v and this is the P3 forum, so I'm not sure what benefit my mod is to y'all. The stock distance on the P2V is only 500 meters.

Wow. This is the first I've ever heard of lubing the motor bearings.

I've only done this because I have a ton of RC cars, nitro and electric, and it's been proven that it greatly extends the life of the bearings by at least 500 percent. Since I've started living my bearings on my nitro, I've not had to replace a single bearing. And the electric motors run cooler as well.

My Phantom 2 has also benefited from the lube, and the temp on each motor after a long run decreased 10 degrees f.

As far as the bearings wearing out, I don't think that's a problem. I've never seen a post by somebody who has had to replace bearings or motors because the bearings wore out. Still -- friction is obviously reduced which would increase battery efficiency at the very least. It might even make it a faster aircraft. Sounds great to me! The only thing I might worry about is attracting dust...

This is one of those Placebo effects. They're sealed bearings.

Yes it can be. That's the power of the mind.

Examine the bearings for yourself.

I typically take an office "air canister" used for cleaning keyboards and stuff and blow my motors out and also around the camera fan in the fins of the body itself. Dust is the enemy of electronics. Not absolutely sure how much difference since I always auto-take off and hand catch my bird, but still it never hurts to blow away what little grime there may be.

Reactions: N017RW
Replace the blinker fluid every 300 miles
I think it comes in a 3 bottle set. One each of Luceferin and Luciferinase, and third with red dye. Drain both pairs of tanks, refill with the mix of the two, and add a drop of dye to the two front tanks and be sure all four tank valves are open to admit oxygen.

I think it comes in a 3 bottle set. One each of Luceferin and Luciferinase, and third with red dye. Drain both pairs of tanks, refill with the mix of the two, and add a drop of dye to the two front tanks and be sure all four tank valves are open to admit oxygen.

You forgot that you are supposed to mix the leftover with a beer and follow it with a shot of whiskey.o_O

Dang!!! There's Blinker Fluid Too??? Lmao!!!

I'm never going to get to fly!! ;)
And be sure to top off the prop wash before flying!

Oh yeah, that reminds me - whenever I do a deep discharge, I try to clean the contacts inside the battery and also the posts in the craft. I apply Deoxit which was recommended in another thread.
Forget the blinker fluid. The muffler bearing on my p3 just went"kapoot"!!!! Any idea on how to get the framis off the wiggle pin? Any help would be great.
Left Handed Bacon Stretcher should also be used on landing gear.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka