badly crashed Phantom

Reaction score
After months of enjoying my Vision2+, I augured in to a concrete parking lot at top speed at a 45 degree angle. The poor drone blew apart, props came off, the camera sheared right off and snapped the ribbon cable, the shell split open, the battery ruptured and is a total goner, if not a fire hazard. The main circuitry seems to be intact though, so after I heat-gun shape the twisted ABS back together and use a good ABS glue or acetone to fuse the shell back together, I'm wondering if the copter will still fly and function with no camera at all hanging underneath. I'm not going to replace it and instead will wait for the next version of the Phantom with a more advance video system hanging below if that's in the cards. I just want to see if I can get if flying again, perhaps dropping parachutes from it or otherwise doing non-photo missions. Does anyone know if the drone will still function with no telemetry, that is with the three ribbon cables hanging out of the bottom that previously hooked into the gilbal and the camera? If not, then I've got three perfect condition batteries and a transmitter with the range extender antennas from FPVLR ready to move.

Thanks.

Yes .. the Phantom can fly without its gimbal.
That's how the plain vanilla P2 gets around - just no app or telemetry.
If the shell is mangled it could be easier and better to buy a new one and transplant the parts to that.

Thanks Meta. I'll see if the electronics still function and if so, turn the + into a freight hauler line of sight only. If a used +camera rig comes along at the right time, I might add telemetry back, but otherwise will wait for the next version of the Phantom to hit the market. Preciate it.

Zach

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl