Bad S Switch(?) Follow Up Flight Observation

Reaction score
Yesterday I took the P2V out to the park, calibrated the compass, and flew. Farther away in "Home" mode it seemed to not fly directly back to me, causing me to think something was wrong with the "Home" mode switch setting. One of the nice members here told me about a bad "S2" switch on his and replacing it fixed his issue.

This morning I took it back out and flew again. Once up and hovering out about 60' from me, I switched to "Home" mode and saw the LED's change from flashing green to yellow/green. When I pushed the right stick forward to fly out, it flew forward and to the right. Pulling back it flew toward me and to the left. So, I thought maybe the compass wasn't quite right so I landed and re-calibrated. After that, it flew as expected in "Home" mode.

I'll keep evaluating, but I am inclined to think that perhaps yesterday I didn't get the compass calibrated properly, even though the LED's indicated so. We'll see.

A THOUGHT: I have an ICD (defibrillator) implanted my chest (sort of like a pacemaker). As I write this, I am wondering if it may be interfering with the compass calibration. When I calibrate, once in calibration mode I set the controller down and take anything metal/electronic out of my pockets. Interested in finding out about possible ICD interference.

I'll continue to update here after next flights.

S1 switch is on the right. S2 switch is on the left. It looks like you were putting it into "course lock."

-slinger

gunslinger said:
S1 switch is on the right. S2 switch is on the left. It looks like you were putting it into "course lock."

-slinger

I thought about that but I made sure the S2 switch was all the way down in home mode.

Pmcdn said:
gunslinger said:

-slinger

I thought about that but I made sure the S2 switch was all the way down in home mode.

If you're trying to initiate an RTH (Return to Home) action, I believe you need the left switch up all the way and the right switch down all the way... I've never done this myself, but I believe that's how it's done.

-slinger

In NASA mode, the S1switch-- the one on the right has three positions. By default, its GPS, Atti, Atti. You can set the third position to Atti, manual or the return to home.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl