Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Bad gps switch

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by skyhighdiver, Feb 19, 2014.

1. skyhighdiver

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPNaX3YJ ... e=youtu.be

anyone else have a issue with there switch not working
    I need to hold it up to stay in gps mode
    sounds like it clicks up and feels like it does but nope :roll:

Finally got a great camera installed and now this
    dam its always something :roll:
    hope I can get just the switch so I don't have to waste my nice stickers for controller

I should be able to just swap the top and bottom wires on the switch and have gps on lower slot right???
    while I wait for replacement. no board shorting issues doing that

2. bob22

Yes, you can . My S2 in the off position quit. It would jump to course lock even though it was in the upper position. You could put pressure on it and it would make connection. It is a common three position switch on-off-on. If position two and three work, just change top and bottom wire and then rotate switch 180 degrees. Not sure about getting it compass calibration mode with one position out. I bought my replacement switch at Radio Shack.. You can hook it up to your computer and check the switches.

3. OI Photography

If you're going through the trouble of re-wiring the switch, might was well just go ahead and replace it, super simple. I haven't looked at Radio Shack to see what they have for this, but I know this one will work: http://www.alofthobbies.com/3-position-short.html

4. skyhighdiver

Thanks I went ahead and switched the top and bottom wires and all works fine
    The compass calib works ok since when I toggle back and forth it momentarily touches
    Dronefly is sending out both switches together for replacement as then it’s unplug and replug new ones
    Best darn customer service ever
    First sent me new camera before they got the old one and now replaced my switches no questions asked
    AOK in my book

Did this update while in there so just in case needed I don't have to risk antenna breakage again
    Just put a usb plug cap on it and its ready for the future

Attached Files:

5. skyhighdiver

drone fly sent me out a new set of switches and all is well

Thank you