Bad Customer Service For a Newb

Reaction score
Talked to one rude rep. I wanted to know why I couldn't update my firmware for a Phantom 3 Standard. Rep asked me what phone I was using. When I said that I had a ZTE Axon 7, she stated that this phone was not comparable. Told me to purchase another phone. After playing with the issue I was successful. That list she referred to is ANCIENT. I ALSO FLEW THE PHANTOM WITHOUT PURCHASING ANOTHER PHONE. In my opinion they are one of the worst customer support groups that I have ever dealt with.

Reactions: p3s_noob
Sorry to hear you had some issues but in this case DJI staff can only help you with the official list. Technical help for devices not on the list would be impossible for them. The list which can be found here - Phantom 3 Standard - Specs, FAQ, manual, video tutorials and DJI GO - DJI is current.
How long would it take for this company to test new phone releases and their app. DJI GO. They really don't care about their customers, selling expensive drones without decent support. Their list goes back to 2012 without any new updates for recent Android phones. 7 Day return policy. What a joke.

Android phones are difficult to develop for apparently, probably due to the fragmentation in the Android world. You see this in many things where an app is used in conjunction with the product.
Are you keeping the P3S? It's a great machine.

How did you end up updating the firmware?

Android phones are difficult to develop for apparently, probably due to the fragmentation in the Android world.
Are you keeping the P3S? It's a great machine.
Blame it on the Android world. Your company is a joke. ZTE knows how to treat customers. Did you ever hear of the Galaxy 7 Edge. That's not on your list. Sorry to say I'm stuck with this product. The Axon 7 is ZTE's flagship phone.

Blame it on the Android world. Your company is a joke. ZTE knows how to treat customers. Did you ever hear of the Galaxy 7 Edge. That's not on your list. Sorry to say I'm stuck with this product. The Axon 7 is ZTE's flagship phone.
This forum has no affiliation with DJI whatsoever. I have never heard of an Axon.

Check it out. let's one great phone. Also made in China. Better specs than Samsung Galaxy Edge 7.

Pete you sound really distraught. Instead of dwelling on the poor customer service you received from someone you should share what your solution was for others that may run into the same issue. Unfortunately it is not easy to develop applications for the Android OS as there are so many devices as compared to Apple. Not every device will be able to receive the same kind of support. If I were you I'd suggest offering msinger some constructive feedback so that they can attempt to remedy the issue on their end. Did you come here to be a shill for ZTE? Seeing as you're raving about their customer support and phones... Just saying you should give them a chance to make it right...

Last edited:
Tks I got it working. My beef is with DJI support. I was told to get a new phone. Their android phone listing is quite old

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West