Bad camera? Won't link? Won't upgrade or downgrade.

Reaction score
Buddy crashes his p3s. Gave it to me. Broken gimble ribbon. I put a new dji ribbon on camera. All the while I had been flying with no camera.

I fixed the camera. Fired it up. Downloaded dji go and all I got was a black screen. So I have tried everything on the web to upgrade downgrade etc. After I tried the 1.09 upgrade which is what I tried 1st I could still fly but no distance even though it said upgrade failed.

Very frustrating I at least had a drone that would fly as far as I could see it. Now it won't link tried everything on the web. I have tried 1.7 1.8 1.9 versions with old sd card and new one. Always formatted card. Etc etc.

Had one guy tell me he has replaced multiple cameras but has yet to fix one and have it work.

Will I be wasting my money on a camera? Will all of this non linking non upgrading be fixed with a new camera?

Camera gimble light has always came on green after I fixed it. It does Its start up dance and behaves correctly. Thanks ahead of time.

This morning I tried a shortened version of the video above.

I took out the SD card.....turned on the controller.....turned on the drone.
All I got was yellow flashing. The controller light was red and so was the link button on the aircraft. Let it set 6 minutes until the controller started beeping.

I didn't have time to press the link button in and then roll the roller switch to the left while flipping s2 3 times quickly.

I have also tried 3 different iphones and mini ipad. On all of them there is no battery info showing up.

If the controller wont link to aircraft now, will it be able to upgrade/downgrade?

Anyway to do a factory reset to take it back to the beginning?

Well I am definitely done! I have tried several more SD cards and have tried both formatting them in the computer and through the USB connection on the side of the gimbal. I tried re-downloading 1.9 off of DJI site and tried 4 times to upgrade. After a couple of times trying through the gimbal it now says Windows doesn't recognize device. So I am starting to think that the gimbal may be bad even though the green light comes on and it does its happy little dance.

SO..... do I spend $200+ on a new camera? Does the camera have to be functional to get battery info on DJI GO? Even though the camera wasn't working I used to be able to fly the drone as far as I could see and the GPS was working. As far as I could tell nothing wasn't working except the camera. Will a new camera let the RC and AC link again? ...and let me upgrade firmware?

Thanks for the reply. I'm thinking the "returns permitted" might be the way to go.

I also just checked with our electronics teacher at the school i work at and he said bring it in. He advised me originally to buy a new camera and not try to fix the camera. I told him I had it fixed and green light comes on etc, but that I tried to update it and that I have a mess now.

He told me I can't skip update versions....which I had read about after I tried the latest version which is where my headaches really started.

So hopefully he can get it lined out for me. Anxious to see if he can pull off something I don't know about.

Ill try to keep ya posted on progress.

As I understand,

Live Image and a telemetry come from the gimbal, signal is sent on the WiFi signals on two different channels, If your remote wasn't already linked before the crash, you would have not been able to fly it. With out a gimbal working, you can't link a new remote.

Question about Radio, uplink, downlink, frequency, & telemetry

Rod

Everything worked after the crash also. GPS and all controls would work perfect and fly it as far as I could see it. So I know everything was flying/working before I put the camera ribbon on.

I am pretty sure my upgrade attempt is what unlinked it and now it won't do anything. Except flash yellow. LOL

I see I missed that you can't fly it now either. Yes some of the updates in the past, made you re-link the remote. I'm surprised or still confused that you got the SD card to do anything (updating, downgrading, etc)

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94