Bad bad bad day (recovered bird)

awesome weather forecast looks like rain this week

@Tony Cowan - I'm a stay at home dad/ single parent. You tell me when and we can make it happen. When the kids are at school I am on the beaches looking for treasure ;)

Last edited:
skygear find anything good at the beaches

Always. ANy day at the beach is a great day.
this week we are up 2200 in jewelry, plus another ~$20 in coin. Lots of eye candy and happy people. Recovered a few sets of keys and an upset little girls first communion cross.

Got quite the laugh today. Found the Canadians were putting in their 2¢ all over the beach I was at. 2¢ coins that is LOL.

No balls of steel or chastity belts. Would love to find an old siege gun or similar. Thats where the wreck dives come into play. Friday will try some hunting @40'-60'

Always. ANy day at the beach is a great day.
this week we are up 2200 in jewelry, plus another ~$20 in coin. Lots of eye candy and happy people. Recovered a few sets of keys and an upset little girls first communion cross.

Got quite the laugh today. Found the Canadians were putting in their 2¢ all over the beach I was at. 2¢ coins that is LOL.

No balls of steel or chastity belts. Would love to find an old siege gun or similar. Thats where the wreck dives come into play. Friday will try some hunting @40'-60'
Do you get most of your goodies in the water or on the land?
Also which detector do you have again? Worth it?

Do you get most of your goodies in the water or on the land?
Also which detector do you have again? Worth it?

Minelab Excalibur II - Worth the money. Proven performance over the years and versions of this device. Plus lots of user mods to make it even better. Metal Detectors - Minelab Metal Detectors - for metal detecting, gold prospecting, treasure hunting, pulse induction and countermine operations.

Looked at the new CTX-3030 - still up in the air about it. Although, I could have one with the gold we pulled in this week alone.

Right now, most of the finds are on land/ sand beach. As the water temps rise, so will the # of people in the water and as more people are in there, more things will get lost. As the water is warmer, most of the worth while targets will be in the water I assume. Less trash. On the beach, if I keep up my plan of cleaning all the trash i find. It will be a quicker scan of places I search when the more people are there. Less trash deep and more quick scoops on the surface. Makes for more time looking and less time digging. Thus a larger area being able to cover and greater chances of valuable targets.

Last year at this time, found an IPHONE in a waterproof bag, 2 feet away, $300+ pair of raybans, and an additional 4 feet away, a nice 18k cuban link with a mans ring encrusted with diamonds/rubys/ gold nuggets. (all in the water)

great starting point for people is Treasurenet.com

Some days are GREAT others are Good. Any day at the beach is a good day. Keep a positive attitude and enjoy the weather.

Lots of people in the community look at satellite imagery and plot the searching for the day. Others just wing it.

If your location is anywhere near where you have it. I can only fathom the amount of loot people loose as tourists in that area.

No way. Too much like surgery. I will let you do it. :)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

If you wanted to customize the shell paint/ wrap or anything else. Now would be the time while it is in pieces. I have a heat gun to do wraps. Paint things too. - remember , it is your bird. Bring another FAA number for the inside of the case too. Might want to print a label with your contact details as well.

Dont forget the .txt file to save on the card with your details too. You can also rename the SD card to "Tony Cowan +phone" or similar.

Great. I would love to paint it black with black props stealth mode. And leave the gold stickers and trim on the logo. Ok. Will do and let me know your charge. Want to make sure you are compensated for you time.

I would use the CF props instead of painting them. Can paint them though, no stress. DJI sells the pre balanced props vs some of the other brands out there.

Paint, I have had great results with the Rust-Oleum Stops Rust 12 oz. Protective Enamel Satin Black Spray Paint-7777830 - The Home Depot - It is the same stuff I use on my wheels on the truck, sideview mirrors and metal jerry cans.

You can also use the krylon product.

I like the satin, flat has a powdery feel and comes off eventually.

Of course, you need to alot for more time. Paint and drying takes time.

Ok you make a list of all I need and I will bring it. Shell should be in Saturday or Monday at the latest. I will look for the dji props.

looks like flying for tony next week did you see tim said we can fly of his deck in mad beach

I did. And that sounds like an excellent ideal. See how far it can really go.

I think we have so many Tampa bay fliers. We need to have big group meeting somewhere.

yep but I guess you and me will have to organize it

Exactly. We need to set date and place and get people to commit. As they will travel from all over Bay Area. Have meeting time. I'll bring soda and refreshments of any one wants to get it started. Will be nice to see multiple drones in the air at the same time.

has to be a weekend everything is turning green busy season is here only work on weekends wnen I can make a lot of money at landscaping

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peter in South Jersey